The team behind the multi-award-winning Alien: Isolation, fresh from developing Halo Wars 2 with Microsoft and 343industries, are looking for more world-class talent to join the team.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced, accomplished Technical Artist to make their mark on the new, undisclosed IP from Creative Assembly’s multi-award-winning team. The Lead Technical Artist will manage a small team, bringing innovation to the project and empowering the wider art team with contemporary tools, techniques and processes.
As the Lead Technical Artist for the project, you will have significant experience of leading, mentoring and nurturing the developing other artists. As well as managing the technical art team, conducting regular reviews and overseeing their career development, you will be responsible for enhancing visual quality, performance and art efficiency on our new project.
Communication is critical to the success of this role. You will be proactive in communicating progress, solving problems across the team and sharing across the wider project where relevant. You will be able to communicate well and collaborate with the team to develop new features, processes and pipelines.
You will research, prototype and implement art production techniques, taking responsibility for ensuring the content produced by the art department is both technically appropriate and efficiently produced. As the Lead Technical Artist, you will be communicating ideas and techniques to relevant developers on the project, our 3rd parties and stakeholders.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Demonstrable experience of leading and developing other artists
- Ability to communicate effectively in across the team
- Fluent in cutting edge art authoring techniques and processes
- Willingness to engage with and master proprietary tools and systems
- Expert knowledge of 3DS Max/Maya
- Practical experience and a strong comprehension of PBR
- Developed understanding of contemporary shader features and creation workflow
- Practical experience of Post Effects – tone mapping, filtering, colour grading etc
- Two or more published AAA titles in a technical art capacity
Working Knowledge of
- Substance (designer and painter)
- Max/Mel scripting
- HLSL/GLSL programming
Creative Assembly is one of the UK's leading games development studios, founded in 1987 and located in West Sussex, UK and in Sofia, Bulgaria.
We have gathered our team of world-class, diverse and multi-national talent, dedicated to crafting some of the most renowned gaming experiences and giving our loyal followers worlds in which to immerse themselves.
Our focus on quality has filled our awards cabinet over the years – from BAFTAs to Ivor Novellos. We owe this to our team – creatives from a breadth of backgrounds, who unite to share their ideas and expertise, to craft the highest quality gameplay.