Crytek is looking for an experienced and passionate Lead Network Software Engineer to lead and support our CRYENGINE team at our Frankfurt, Germany studio.
- Provide strategic direction for CRYENGINE’s Network domain
- Gather and verify strategic requirements across multiple projects for the Network domain
- Actively promote open and effective communication between internal teams, external partners and any other stakeholders
- Delegate effectively, while involving team members in decision making processes
- Act as a role model to all staff and always in the best interests of the company
- Undertake technical training/teaching of the team
- Take ownership for the effectiveness of the team in maintaining and developing their own systems
- Improve Network Systems within CRYENGINE for use in both internal and external projects
- Contribute to the development of user interface applications in relation to the Network domain
- Ensure the reliability of Network Systems
- Create and maintain modules to be used for automated testing purposes
- Contribute to Developer and end-user documentation
- Provide support and training to internal and external Developers when required
- Master internal processes and ensure such processes are maintained by the team
- 5+ years of professional software development experience within the games industry or an equivalent
- Previously held a Senior or an equivalent position while working on Network technology
- Deep understanding with at least one of the following: Socket networking (TCP, UDP protocols), P2P or Client-Server architectures, synchronization or network security
- Have been a feature owner of Network systems in a shipped game title
- Excellent knowledge of C++
- Excellent understanding of:
- Object-oriented software engineering
- Multithreaded software architecture
- Performance measurement and optimization
- Experience with any game engine, but preferably CRYENGINE
- Experience with large code bases
- A team player and be self-driven
- Excellent communication skills with a strong affinity for transparency
- Fluent English language skills
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany
What you can expect from us:
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free onsite German lessons for our employees and partners / spouses.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!
Crytek is an independent videogame developer, publisher, and technology provider dedicated to pushing the boundaries of gaming with its cutting-edge 3D game development solution CRYENGINE. With headquarters in Frankfurt am Main (Germany) and studios in Kiev (Ukraine), Shanghai (China), and Istanbul (Turkey), Crytek has created multiple award-winning titles, including the original Far Cry, the Crysis series, Ryse: Son of Rome, Warface, and The Climb. Crytek delivers fun and innovative gaming experiences for PC, consoles, and VR and continues to grow its reach in the games-as-a-service market. Every Crytek game is created with CRYENGINE, which can be used by anyone to create games on a Pay What You Want business model.