Job Type: Initial 9 Month contract potential to go perm
Salary: DOE Pro Rata for contract
OPM’s client are seeking an experienced, talented and enthusiastic Lead Mobile Artist to drive the artwork across all their mobile projects.
In addition to demonstrating strong aesthetic flare and vision, the successful candidate will also need to work closely with the development team, ensuring that artwork is supporting the design process, is technically compliant and is respecting the projects’ schedules.
The Lead Artist will guide a dedicated team of mobile artists as well as having access to many more artists with other specialist skills and knowledge in the studio.
Experience at a senior level within the games industry is required preferably with evidence of working on mobile titles and 1 year in a senior or lead role. Having completed a full production cycle on a published game title would be a bonus.
- Overall responsibility for all artwork required on mobile game titles
- Inspire and motivate the art team to achieve their best, driving artistic quality by example and successful team work, giving feedback and direction where needed
- Work closely with other disciplines of the development team to overcome issues and produce the best game titles
- Plan and structure tasks with efficiency
- Understand and work within project requirements and constraints
- Keep up to date with game artwork trends and influences
- Excellent artistic ability and direction, with strong and responsible leadership
- Highly experienced and knowledgeable in Photoshop and a 3d package such as 3dsMax or Maya
- Excellent understanding of all art aspects required for 3d games, including environments, characters, 2D/GUI and animation
- Good understanding of the game development process as a whole, including technical limitations and opportunities
- Ability to take the initiative, be highly disciplined and self-motivated
- Collaborate productively within a multi-disciplined team environment, including designers and coders, communicating with both technical and non-technical staff across disciplines
- Knowledge of other software such as ZBrush, After Effects, Illustrator, Video editing etc is a bonus
- Additional knowledge of traditional arts, photography, sculpting etc. may further support your application
Please include a link to your portfolio of examples demonstrating outstanding visual and technical ability. The resolution in our mobile games is continually increasing so we are looking for evidence of high-resolution modelling in Max/Maya/Z-Brush/etc and normal-mapped game environments.
If this sounds like your next role then email your CV along with demo work (max 5mg) to firstname.lastname@example.org (MS Word format)
Claire Ramshaw | Senior Art Consultant
OPM Response Ltd
Direct Line: + 44 (0) 1206 214413 |
Email: Claire@opmjobs.com |
The salary bracket shown is approximate and is no guarantee of the income on offer. Salary and benefits will be discussed with candidates at interview with the company and are individually negotiated by OPM.