The successful candidate will lead the Total War Infrastructure Team and take ownership of developing our autotesting infrastructure.
The lead of this team will oversee the build system, autotesting infrastructure, our game database engine and editor, as well as a comprehensive data processing tool used in content creation and by the build system. All of which are implemented in C++ using Qt. The tools serve the development of all Total War games and the wider development team.
You will also develop and maintain the autotesting infrastructure, which includes many different self-playing test cases, collecting data and generating a number of reports for the various disciplines within the Total War team.
- Lead a team of programmers
- Be involved in planning, designing and implementing new tools or changes to existing ones
- Review and sign-off major updates
- Mentor members of the team and carry out regular performance reviews
- Have full awareness of the teams work load and identify issues and opportunities for improvements
- Work in collaboration with the Tools and Infrastructure Lead in planning and maintaining long term vision and strategy for all tools developed by the team
- Develop our autotesting infrastructure
- Implement new features
- Maintain existing features
- Identify new ways to improve the effectiveness of our autotesting
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Strong C++ programming skills
- Experience of leading a team
- Good problem solving skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in designing and implementing large systems
- Passionate about providing users with software that is effective and enjoyable to use
- Worked on two shipped AAA titles
- Familiar with Qt
- Experience in tools development in a games development environment