Salary: £Negotiable DOE
Job Type: Permanent
Project: Mobile F2P
OPM’s client is an award-winning UK development studio and is one of world’s leading mobile and handheld video games developers. They are currently looking for a Lead Game Designer to join their team.
As Lead designer, you will hold the vision of gameplay for the studio. You will work closely with the Game Director to establish the most appropriate gameplay for the audience, both the in-game experience and the broader meta-game must be considered at all times. The Lead Designers role is to
- Manage the design team on a daily basis to ensure that the game’s design meets quality requirements and deadlines.
- Optimise the game design organization and process.
- Prototype and iterate on core game mechanics to help visualise the Creative Team’s vision.
- Conceptualize, create and maintain detailed game design documentation throughout the project.
- Implement game content using in house engine tools, and basic scripting.
- Balance and adjust gameplay experiences to ensure the game’s critical and commercial success
- Communicate with the entire development team, Game Director, Designers, Lead Artist, Lead Programmer and Producers to reach the ultimate gameplay experience.
- Experience as a Lead Game Designer for a AAA game developer.
- At least 1 game shipped in Lead Game Design role.
- Experience working on Mobile F2P titles would prove a distinct advantage.
- Proven success in creating compelling and innovative gameplay mechanics.
- Strong organizational skills – the ability to be detail orientated and keep track of the big picture.
- Ability to conceptualize, prototype, analyse and implement game ideas using a variety of tools and technology
For the opportunity to be part of this team please send your cv and work examples FAO Catherine to email@example.com or call +44 1206 214416
Catherine Cope| Design Consultant
OPM Response Ltd | Ground Floor, Anderson House, 228 Old London Road, Marks Tey, Colchester, CO6 1HD
Direct Line: + 44 (0) 1206 214416 | Email: Catherine@opmjobs.com | Skype: catherine.cope.opm | LinkedIn: Click here| Twitter: Click Here