Lead Game Designer - Leamington Spa, UK
This Midlands based studio are one of the UK's leading cross-platform indie developers. Their original and innovative titles always push the limits of the latest mobile, VR and AR hardware, and 2018 is set to be another big year of expansion for them.
Amongst a bunch of other key hires, they are looking to bring onboard a highly talented, dependable and driven Lead Designer with the passion and skill set to create the most entertaining games possible.
As well as a track record of creative excellence, the team are looking for someone who'll take a game's vision and own it, all the while driving and motivating the team to deliver beyond expectations.
Ideally you will have most or all of the following:
We'll be really pleased if you have:
- The passion to create the best games that push at the boundaries of what's possible on mobile, VR and AR.
- Strong leadership skills and charisma – you are someone who can bind the team into a unified creative force.
- Adept at communicating the vision at the product and feature level, never losing sight of the project goals or business needs.
- A proactive self-starter who takes responsibility for all areas of the game's design.
- Able to tailor solutions to the realities of production, breaking large features down into efficient iterative steps, and maintaining a backup plan at all times.
- Experience designing two or more published free-to-play titles – able to demonstrate a key role within the development of those titles, and overall design responsibility for at least one.
- Be well versed in the latest free-to-play design methods.
- A deep understanding of metagame design, specifically regarding progression, retention and reward mechanics.
- A thorough understanding of developing gameplay, features and content from the ground up through iterative development.
Interested? Hit apply now! Alternatively, let's have a chat – no need to update your CV yet. You can contact me at Simon@aswift.com or on +44 1709 834777
- A good understanding of Agile / SCRUM development, experience writing stories and acceptance criteria.
- Confidence in articulating ideas, analysis and results to groups of 30+ people.
- Unity scripting skills and / or knowledge of C#.
- Experience creating and shipping Unity titles.
- Experience developing on iOS, Android.
- Experience creating and shipping VR titles.