What we want you for
At NaturalMotion we make free-to play mobile games that create new experiences, have jaw-dropping visuals and super-accessible gameplay. Clumsy Ninja is one example of the innovation we want to bring. To continue innovating at the highest level, we are looking for a Lead Game Designer in Oxford to join the Clumsy Ninja team.
You will be joining a team of crack designers, programmers and artists, who have recently launched their game and are now thinking about taking it to the next level. This core team brings with it a lot of talent, ideas and skills. You will be the person making sure the game design evolves and stays ahead of everyone else.
For a passionate game designer, this is an opportunity to shine – take a brand new game genre and innovate it further.
Your first year on the job
- Within a few months after joining, the design team have made the game richer, deeper and ahead of its competition through the features, tweaks and fresh ideas.
- By the end of month 3, one of your major ideas is about to be released as part of the game already.
- After 6 months you have established yourself as a creative driving force which energizes the team with enthusiasm, ideas and strong designs. Your excellent communication has been a key in that.
- Within your first year you worked with, lead and mentored the other designers and the team overall on strong and coherent game design.
- You have innovated and improved from small details to game modes or even spin-off concepts or extensions into other media – nothing was off the table but you stayed closely aligned to the Product Lead who owns the vision for the game.
- During all this, you have maintained a coherent, clear framework for the game design, have leveraged metrics and other feedback and been a contributor across the board.
What you bring to succeed
- To be able to excel at this job, you already have a few shipped games under your belt and have great passion for creating amazing games.
- You really understand F2P design and how to integrate fun and monetization.
- Realistically, that means you have been around for a while and have led others before.
- You are strong at game design, including free-to-play mechanics, pacing, mobile UX and more.
- Importantly, you understand that we can only create outstanding games as a team and have the experience and energy to together turn visions into fully developed game mechanics.