Location: North London
Job Type: Permanent
LEAD ENVIRONMENT ARTIST ROLE X2
OPM’s client is looking to add to its family of permanent staff. They are looking for an exceptionally talented concept artist who is ready for the challenge of producing AAA titles.
• Experience creating levels using Unreal or similar technologies for commercial titles (this must be demonstrated through actual levels in the engine in the portfolio)
• Understanding of 3rd person action adventure games and associated gameplay requirements
• Interest in and understanding of architecture, lighting, texturing and other elements that are required to create aesthetically pleasing 3d levels
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Ability to work and contribute effectively in a team environment
• Collaborate with the lead level designer to lead the creation of consistent gameplay friendly environments
• Outstanding communication skills
• Ability to work within technical constraints and generate top quality environments
• Clear understanding and implementation of gameplay guidelines and constraints
• Ability to effectively collaborate with other departments especially the Art director and design team.
• Expert knowledge of Unreal, 3DS max and photoshop
• Experience in managing a small department of artists.
Day to day duties
• Responsible of the quality and design integrity of environment work
• Hands-on level builder
• Point of contact for the designers and environment artists to make sure the art is 100% game compliant
• Facilitate the team requests on a daily basis, even when artists are busy with other work
• Game play reviews of the levels produced by the environment artists
• To collaborate with the required designers, environment artists and concept artist
• Assist in creation of the initial art pass in order to create a strong visual and architecturally believable game environment.
Is this you? Then email your CV along with demo work (max 5mg) to firstname.lastname@example.org (MS Word format)
Claire Ramshaw | Senior Art Consultant
OPM Response Ltd
Direct Line: + 44 (0) 1206 214413 |
Email: Claire@opmjobs.com |
The salary bracket shown is approximate and is no guarantee of the income on offer. Salary and benefits will be discussed with candidates at interview with the company and are individually negotiated by OPM.