What we want you for
At NaturalMotion we make free-to play mobile games that create new experiences, have jaw-dropping visuals and super-accessible gameplay. To continue innovating at the highest level, we are looking for a Lead Game Designer in Oxford to work on an exciting new project.
You will be joining a team of talented designers, programmers and artists to work on a new project with extremely high standards of innovation and quality. For a passionate game designer, this is an opportunity to shine – take a game currently in development and help to deliver it to launch.
Your first year on the job
- Within the next 12 months, you worked with, lead and mentored the other designers and the team overall on strong and coherent game design.
- Within a few months after joining, the design team have made the game richer, deeper and experience through the features, tweaks and fresh ideas.
- You have innovated and improved from small details to game modes or even spin-off concepts or extensions into other media – nothing was off the table but you stayed closely aligned to the Product Lead who owns the vision for the game.
- After 6 months you have established yourself as a creative driving force which energizes the team with enthusiasm, ideas and strong designs.
- By the end of month 3, you will have gathered input from a number of creative stakeholders and formulated a game design that wows them all.
- You will have collaborated with an external team to make sure ideas are shared and features are straight forward to deliver.
- You will have contributed to current feature ideas and designed new ones.
- During all this, you have maintained a coherent, clear framework for the game design, have leveraged metrics and other feedback and been a contributor across the board.
What you bring to succeed
- To be able to excel at this job, you already have a few shipped games under your belt and have great passion for creating amazing games.
- You will have experience in aligning key stakeholders and maintaining their confidence in the game design.
- You really understand F2P design and how to integrate fun and monetization.
- Realistically, that means you have been around for a while and have led others before.
- You are strong at game design, including free-to-play mechanics, pacing, mobile UX and more.
- Importantly, you understand that we can only create outstanding games as a team and have the experience and energy to together turn visions into fully developed game mechanics.