Job Type: Permanent
My client is a powerhouse in the games industry! Their London Studio is looking for a Lead Artist join them working on their innovative Games Franchise.
The Environment Supervisor is responsible for leading and coordinating the World team across the studio projects. Working with the Art Manager and Studio Leadership team they are responsible for all aspects of the World asset creation for the studio and for the recruitment, on-going feedback and skills development of the World Art Team to ensure the creation of outstanding environment art.
The Environment Supervisor will oversee a team of artists working together to create immersive environments that meet the technical and aesthetic requirements of the projects, including hands on production of art assets.
- Supervise a World Team composed of Environment and Lighting artists in the creation of environment assets that fulfil the requirements of the projects, providing both artistic and technical guidance.
- Demonstrate solid asset creation experience by contributing to hands on production of environment and prop assets, leading the World Team by example in providing benchmark quality assets.
- Work closely with the Art Manager, Art Producers & World Art Team to develop realistic & efficient schedules
- Ensure the World department delivers to schedule and to budget.
- Selection & recruitment of Environment Artists into the team.
- Ensure that the World Team has appropriate creative and technical skills for the studio projects (current and future).
- Interpret creative and technical briefs from the project directors, and other relevant departments & communicate information to the World Team Artists.
- Be responsible for the quality of the game environments, for keeping them on-brief and for delivering consistently by assigning team members to appropriate areas of work.
- Guide, supervise and review the work produced by the World Team, motivating and inspiring them in the delivery of top quality work.
- Mentor the team, holding regular one-to-one meetings to help in their development.
- Work with the project leads and directors to establish the art style for the project and be responsible for keeping the Environments in style throughout production.
- Work closely with the Design and VFX Team to ensure the successful hand-over and execution of environments
- Be the main liaison between the World Team and those who are involved in the game production process including the Design, Code and Production teams.
- In collaboration with the tools and technical team, define and direct the continuing evolution, maintenance and streamlining of the environment tools and pipeline including any technical systems necessary to complete project requirements & documentation thereof.
- Participate in the creation of technical standards and conventions in the production of environments, including standards for directory structure, file and node naming and versioning.
- Work with the Art Directors & Technical Art Team to develop and maintain the Environment Art Bibles, specifically in relation to the technical implementation of environment and prop assets.
• Photoshop (or equivalent)
• World Modelling
Does this sound like your next move? Then please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me on the details below:
Claire Ramshaw - email@example.com
Senior Art Consultant
Direct Line: +44 (0) 1206 214413
Linked in: http://uk.linkedin.com/in/claireramshawopm