Job Title: Lead Animator
Salary: Depending on experience
Job Type: Permanent
Platforms: Console & PC
My client is a developer of epic action adventure games, based in Sweden. The studio was made well-known to gamers world-wide with the release of their critically acclaimed and award-winning open-world action games.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
We are looking for a Lead Animator to oversee the development of animation, and work closely with their Creative Director and Game Director to realize the vision of the game. The responsibility of the Lead Animator is also to creatively lead and mentor the animators, grow internal talent and review and approve animations.
• To manage, coordinate and review the work of the animation team to ensure highest quality.
• Capacity to clearly communicate concepts and a vision.
• Work closely with animators and technical director-animation to ensure quality integration of all animations.
• Collaborate with Directors and Leads to establish best practices and improve product Animation pipelines.
• Actively participate in animation system design and issues resolution.
• Provide creative input and encouragement to the animation team
• Act as a role-model for Animators by emphasizing project and company goals, provide feedback on performance and mentor and train Animators in production skills.
• Ccredited on at least one published AAA title as Animation Lead or Director.
• Excellent leadership, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
• The ability to effectively communicate, both creatively and technically
• Experienced with motion capture pipeline.
• Must be familiar with one or more types of Animation software (MotionBuilder etc)
• Experience with pipelines required for both game animation and pre-rendered animation for film and Visual FX is an advantage.
• Several years of experience with character and creature animation, facial animation, skeletal construction and point weighting.
• Passion for making and playing great games, with an awareness of current titles and industry trends.
A competitive salary and benefits package is on offer for the successful applicant. All applicants must be eligible to work in the EU otherwise have proven a AAA games background at a respected developer as a Lead Animator.
To ensure a speedy application please email your up to date CV in MS WORD FORMAT and Show Reel to firstname.lastname@example.org
So what are you waiting for? Don't miss out on this great career opportunity!
Jon Norfolk | Art & Animation Consultant
OPM Response Ltd
Direct Line: + 44 (0) 1206 214425 |
Email: Jon@opmjobs.com |
Skype: jon.norfolk.opm |
LinkedIn: http://uk.linkedin.com/in/jonnorfolkopm |