We are looking for a creative, ambitious and talented Junior Web Designer to support our CRYENGINE Platform team in our Frankfurt, Germany based studio.
As Junior Web Designer you will have the opportunity to work on a varied range of projects across the expanding CRYENGINE platform (website, launcher and online services). You will be honing your skills as you contribute to all stages of the design process, from concept through to prototyping.
- Find creative and innovative solutions for existing and future interface problems.
- Working with other team-members to create a style guide unifying the brand and UI components across the platform.
- Designing new sections of the site and optimizing existing ones, ensuring your projects maintain a high degree of innovation, quality and consistency.
- Provide developers with the documentation they need for a smooth handover, including component states and responsive behavior if necessary.
- Understanding business requirements, and also incorporating performance, SEO and accessibility considerations into your designs.
- Manage time effectively with a mixture of short and long simultaneous tasks.
- Work with other departments to bring ideas to life.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience.
- Understanding of typography, color theory, layout, and image composition as applied to UI design.
- Strong sense of visual design aesthetic and up to date with the latest digital trends (and the ones you shouldn’t follow).
- You have a good idea if a user experience is good or bad. You can come up with a reasonable solution for a range of UX and design challenges.
- An eye for detail and quality.
- Work experience with Photoshop, Sketch and Illustrator.
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS, and familiarity with responsive web design.
- Team player and self-driven.
- Willing to learn.
- Solid English skills, good communication skills with strong affinity for transparence.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Experience with After Effects and or any 3D Software.
- Passion for game.
What you can expect from us:
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free onsite German lessons for our employees and partners / spouses.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!
Crytek is an independent videogame developer, publisher, and technology provider dedicated to pushing the boundaries of gaming with its cutting-edge 3D game development solution CRYENGINE. With headquarters in Frankfurt am Main (Germany) and studios in Kiev (Ukraine), and Istanbul (Turkey), Crytek has created multiple award-winning titles, including the original Far Cry, the Crysis series, Ryse: Son of Rome, Warface, The Climb, Robinson: The Journey and Hunt: Showdown. Crytek delivers fun and innovative gaming experiences for PC, consoles, and VR and continues to grow its reach in the games-as-a-service market. Every Crytek game is created with CRYENGINE, which can be used by anyone to create games on a Pay What You Want business model.