We are looking for a passionate Junior Tools Engineer to support our CRYENGINE team at our Frankfurt, Germany studio.
As a Junior Tools Engineer, you will be working in a cooperative, cross-disciplinary environment to develop the CRYENGINE Sandbox Editor. On our innovative and friendly team, you can expect your abilities and scope of duties to grow as you make a real difference.
- Contribute to the development of the CRYENGINE Sandbox Editor.
- Maintain one or multiple Sandbox sub-systems and integrations with the CRYENGINE.
- Contribute to maintenance and improvements of low-level engine systems.
- Ensure reliability and stability of the editor code base.
- Contribute developer documentation based on on-going developments.
- Provide support and training to internal and external developers.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Safeguard company assets including source code, artwork, tools, game design information and technical know-how.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience.
- Strong C++ knowledge.Solid software engineering and debugging skills.
- Good understanding of computer architecture fundamentals (memory subsystems, CPU/GPU architecture etc.).
- Worked on university related and private game or modding projects (please provide a portfolio link).
- Good mathematical skills.
- Show a strong passion for making the highest quality / state of the art games.
- Experience with any game engines preferably experience with CRYENGINE.
- Team player and self-driven.
- Willing to learn.
- Solid English skills, good communication skills with strong affinity for transparence.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Experience developing user interfaces.
- At least basic knowledge of the Qt framework.
- Understanding principles of user experience.
What you can expect from us:
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free onsite German lessons for our employees and partners / spouses.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!
Crytek is an independent videogame developer, publisher, and technology provider dedicated to pushing the boundaries of gaming with its cutting-edge 3D game development solution CRYENGINE. With headquarters in Frankfurt am Main (Germany) and studios in Kiev (Ukraine), and Istanbul (Turkey), Crytek has created multiple award-winning titles, including the original Far Cry, the Crysis series, Ryse: Son of Rome, Warface, The Climb, Robinson: The Journey and Hunt: Showdown. Crytek delivers fun and innovative gaming experiences for PC, consoles, and VR and continues to grow its reach in the games-as-a-service market. Every Crytek game is created with CRYENGINE, which can be used by anyone to create games on a Pay What You Want business model.