Ubisoft is 10,000 creative minds spanning 6 continents. With around 85% of its staff devoted to game development, Ubisoft has the 2nd largest in-house creative team in the world.
The company’s 27 different creative studios work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on brands including Assassin's Creed®, For Honor® Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon®, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six, Tom Clancy's The Division, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more.
Assist in the creation of game content that delivers a rewarding and exciting experience for the player with support from more experienced designers.
- Implement pre-existing designs with in-house visual scripting tools and editing software;
- Create original and fun ideas and implement them;
- Communicate the results of any prototypes and designs to other disciplines in order to validate your design intentions and that they fit with the creative vision;
- Identify requirements of any designs and communicate these to the appropriate teams in order that required content is created;
- Integrate the content produced by other disciplines for level designs into the game engine;
- Develop an understanding of best practices, production pipelines and workflows;
- Implement player feedback to ensure accessibility and appropriate level of difficulty;
- Locate and fix bugs in the content produced by the team;
- Track and update the progress of day to day tasks using the designated tracking tools;
- Conduct gameplay evaluations on work, providing feedback and suggestions to help fine
tune and improve the game;
- Identify any additional programming requirements, specify the requirement and test the delivered product;
- Support the Lead Level Designer in any ad hoc tasks and duties.
Skills and Knowledge
- A passion for games and a keen interest in gameplay creation;
- An aptitude for logical problem solving;
- Excellent communication skills and organisational abilities;
- Experience of level editing and scripting tools;
- A passion for computer games and an interest in the structure and design of individual missions;
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Exposure to industry game engines and production pipelines is desirable;
- Good organisational abilities and have a high level of attention to detail;
- Creative flair coupled with an analytical approach to problem solving;
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines;
- Enthusiasm for on-going learning and self-development.
- Up to 1 years’ experience in an internship or placement year in a professional game studio environment or other relevant experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in Game Design or other relevant training.
Salary: Competitive + Relocation
Location: Leamington Spa, U.K
Opening date: 31st March 2017
Closing date for applications: 1st May 2017
Reflections reserves the right to close this advert earlier than the closing date indicated should we feel we have received sufficient applications.