Crytek is looking for a passionate Junior Gameplay Programmer to support our HUNT development team in our Frankfurt (Germany) studio.
The ideal candidate will be a game programmer with passion for gameplay. This is a position where design, game code implementation and tools are all parts of the daily job. The position involves working within cross-disciplinary groups. As a key member of the team you’ll be involved in crafting great AAA games using state-of-the-art technology.
- Integrate creative and technical design processes while ensuring that high production values are never compromised.
- Work with existing engine code base to develop and enhance gameplay for a high profile project.
- Create immersive and compelling gameplay experiences.
- Debug code for Console and PC platforms.
- Specify and contribute to the testing procedures.
- Create task duration estimates and complete all work in a timely basis.
- Remain focused, motivated and effective on all tasks through to completion.
- Display good communication and writing skills and create documentation where required.
- Develop well designed software within project schedule to Crytek standards.
- Actively participate in team working on project and provide input to department project status meetings.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Worked on university related and private game or modding projects (please provide a portfolio link).
- Good understanding of C++ in a games development environment.
- Good mathematical skills.
- Show a strong passion for making the highest quality / state of the art games.
- Experience with any game engines preferably experience with CRYENGINE.
- Team player and self-driven.
- Willing to learn.
- Solid English skills, good communication skills with strong affinity for transparence.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
What you can expect from us:
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free onsite German lessons for our employees and partners / spouses.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!
Crytek is an independent videogame developer, publisher, and technology provider dedicated to pushing the boundaries of gaming with its cutting-edge 3D game development solution CRYENGINE. With headquarters in Frankfurt am Main (Germany) and studios in Kiev (Ukraine), and Istanbul (Turkey), Crytek has created multiple award-winning titles, including the original Far Cry, the Crysis series, Ryse: Son of Rome, Warface, The Climb, Robinson: The Journey and Hunt: Showdown. Crytek delivers fun and innovative gaming experiences for PC, consoles, and VR and continues to grow its reach in the games-as-a-service market. Every Crytek game is created with CRYENGINE, which can be used by anyone to create games on a Pay What You Want business model.