We are looking for a passionate Junior AI Programmer to work on our HUNT development team in our Frankfurt, Germany studio.
The ideal candidate will be an promising Game AI programmer with a desire to work together with game designers and other members of the team to collaborate on the implementation of AI behaviors and rules, defining combat experience etc. This is a position where design, AI code implementation, creative tools improvements and use by example are all parts of the daily job.
The position involves working within cross-disciplinary groups. As a key member of the team you will be involved in crafting great AAA games with a great team using state-of-the-art technology.
- Work with existing engine code base to enhance AI.
- Develop AI / game code as well as tools and extend it for high profile projects.
- Create immersive and compelling combat experiences.
- Optimize and debug high-end Console and PC performance.
- Specify and contribute to testing procedures.
- Integrate creative and technical design processes while ensuring that high production values are never compromised.
- Create accurate task duration estimates and complete all work in a timely basis.
- Create documentation where required.
- Develop well designed software within project schedule to team standards.
- Provide input to department project status meetings.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience.
- Worked on university related and private game or modding projects (please provide a portfolio link).
- Some experience with practical Game AI techniques in context of games/real-time applications.
- Affinityfor new AI related technologies.
- Passion for making games.
- Good understanding of C++ in a games development environment.
- Experience with any game engine (preferably CRYENGINE).
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Show a strong passion for making the highest quality / state of the art games
- Team player and self-driven.
- Willing to learn.
- Solid English skills, good communication skills with strong affinity for transparence.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
What you can expect from us:
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free onsite German lessons for our employees and partners / spouses.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!
Crytek is an independent videogame developer, publisher, and technology provider dedicated to pushing the boundaries of gaming with its cutting-edge 3D game development solution CRYENGINE. With headquarters in Frankfurt am Main (Germany) and studios in Kiev (Ukraine), and Istanbul (Turkey), Crytek has created multiple award-winning titles, including the original Far Cry, the Crysis series, Ryse: Son of Rome, Warface, The Climb, Robinson: The Journey and Hunt: Showdown. Crytek delivers fun and innovative gaming experiences for PC, consoles, and VR and continues to grow its reach in the games-as-a-service market. Every Crytek game is created with CRYENGINE, which can be used by anyone to create games on a Pay What You Want business model.