Purpose of the Role:
NaturalMotion is looking for an experienced Game Designer to work on upcoming high-profile free-to-play games on iOS.
You already have a few shipped games under your belt, but are looking for more challenges. At NaturalMotion Games you will apply your knowledge of game design to create fun genre-crossing free-to-play titles with strong viral and social components. You will work together with the product owner supporting and building the vision for the game and translating that vision into fully developed game mechanics.
Regardless of the genre working with game rules, mechanics and skill mastery design is second nature to you. You have a broad knowledge of both the free to play and mobile game market and understand their implications with regards to game and mechanics design.
We offer you the chance to work in our game development studio in Oxford with top of the line high-end graphics developers across multiple genres of games, which will be played by millions. There’s plenty of space in our new office in the middle of Oxford so, if you think you have what it takes, send your application in now!
• Design fully developed game mechanics that can be readily implemented
• Ensure the entire team is onboard with the current design direction
• Build the vision together with the product owner and evangelize it within the company
• Assist in maintaining quality game design documentation across the project
• Take part in internal product presentations, talks and insights
• Adhere to the SCRUM methodologies
• Be amongst the spearheads in bringing up new projects from concepts to greenlit products
• Concept and create a roadmap of upcoming features spanning several months
• Analyse real-time metrics and adapt the game accordingly
• Design and adjust micro-transaction features and roll-out
Experience and Skills:
• Overall ability to create compelling game mechanics and rulesets regardless of the game genre
• Strong knowledge of game balancing and pacing
• Experience in game design for Facebook, iPhone, PC or consoles
• Good knowledge of social game mechanics
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Good mathematical skills; strong knowledge of Excel
• Exceptional understanding of UI design and flow; proven ability to deliver frictionless UI experiences
• Experience from leading creative teams
• Wide knowledge of all kinds of games (video games, board games, card games etc)
Want to really stand out? Know about these!
• Illustration and graphic design
** NaturalMotion will consider exceptional graduates for this role. **
To apply for this position please send your CV, brief cover letter and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies.