Job Title - Java Game Server / Web Technology Programmer
Job Location – NorthWest
Job Type – Permanent
Job Salary – DOE
OPM are working on an excellent opportunity to join a leading international development studio in the North West of the UK.
The role entails:
- Designing, developing, documenting, testing and maintaining efficient Java Enterprise back-end systems to facilitate enhanced online game services/functionality.
- Collaborating with designers, community managers, platform services, game and online programmers to deliver outstanding and innovative user experiences.
- Contributing to the broader development of online features.
Candidates must exhibit:
- Broad practical knowledge of the Java language and common related enterprise-level technologies such as Spring, Hibernate, Tomcat, Maven, etc (or similar) in the context of large scale distributed systems such as e-commerce, e-banking, and/or online games.
- Experience of database development / SQL languages e.g. MySQL and/or Postgres.
- Proficiency in Object Oriented Design and Programming.
- Proficiency in the development of multi-tier applications.
- Solid understanding of internet tools and protocols e.g. TCP, UDP, DNS, http, ssh, smpt.
- Robust software engineering principles.
- Knowledge of service oriented protocols/technologies e.g. SOAP, RMI, REST, XML-RPC.
- Experience of servlet and/or JSP development.
- Experience of the Eclipse JEE IDE.
- Ability to understand, modify and integrate shared and open codebases.
- Experience of application of design patterns and code refactoring.
- Ability to work, report and learn autonomously.
- A passion for videogames and games development.
Candidates will also benefit from practical experience of:
- Development for embedded devices, preferably with one or more published online game(s) for console, PC or handheld.
- C++ and C# (.Net and/or Mono) programming.
- Test driven development.
- Continuous integration frameworks.
- Agile methodologies such as Scrum and Lean
To apply or for further information about the role please contact Daniel on +44 (0) 1206214418 or mail a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
RECOMMEND A FRIEND - Refer a friend to OPM and if we successfully place them in a new permanent role you will receive £300.
Daniel Fox | Senior Technical Consultant
OPM Response LTD | Ground Floor, Anderson House, 228 Old London Road, Marks Tey, Colchester, CO6 1HD
Direct Line: + 44 (0) 1206 214418 | Email: email@example.com | Skype: daniel.fox.opm | LinkedIn: Click Here| Twitter: Click Here | Games Industry Programmers Click Here
Tel: +44 (0) 1206 214421
Fax: +44 (0) 1206 214429