Job Title – Indonesian Community Co-Ordinator
Job Location - Taiwan
Job Type - Permanent
Job Salary - DOE
My client is looking for enthusiastic, energetic and focused professionals to join their team. Like them, you will take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. They embrace those who see things differently, aren't afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That’s where you come in.
As a Community Coordinator (Indonesia), you’ll work within the Community team to engage and foster a thriving community while touching projects that will impact millions of players.
In this role, you’ll act as an ambassador for Indonesian players’ needs, and your Indonesian and English fluency will help you share local community efforts with other regional teams around the world. Your project management and communication skills will support you as you champion the cause of player-worthy community experiences.
As a Indonesian member of the team, you’ll join a smaller team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our obsession with player experience, rejection of convention and passion for gaming. With teams in Player Support, Community, Publishing and Marketing, they are dedicated to creating unique player experiences that show Indonesian players they aren't lost in translation.
Desired Skills and Experience
- You will have worked in a community or a player-facing role or have been a managing a major forum; you have experience managing projects, ensuring content is player-worthy and completed on time
- You communicate fluently in English and Indonesian through the most appropriate medium, be it email, hallway conversation or messenger pigeon; as a fluent speaker, you understand the nuances of Indonesian culture beyond plain language and can tailor communiqués to the region
- You possess a solid understanding and passion for new media, social networking and the latest community tools and techniques; you’re personally involved in at least one social media platform, though you likely inhabit many
- You will be technically proficient in commercial forum software and content management systems, you use these tools of your trade to strengthen the bonds players create with other players and my client
- You need to know the importance of listening to player needs because you live, breathe, eat and sleep the player experience; more a die-hard gamer than a fan
- Communicate directly with players and foster meaningful, long-lasting relationships; monitor forums and other communications to identify common player issues and discussion patterns to help you be more responsive
- Collaborate with Community teams in North America and Indonesia and ensure consistent progress towards a defined community strategy related to engagement, moderation policies, content building and outreach initiatives
- Advocate internally on behalf of players so development teams and the company as a whole are informed of players’ needs
- Assist in the execution of community-facing initiatives including contests, volunteer programs, fan site programs, collegiate programs, offline events, convention presence, email campaigns and social media initiatives
- Coordinate with production, development and marketing teams to develop community and website features
Paige Hornabrook | QA, Localisation & Community Management Consultant | OPM Response Ltd |