This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a dynamic HR team supporting our console development team contributing to the delivery of world-class video games within our award-winning studio.
This role presents an amazing chance to work as the key stand-alone HR generalist in a fast paced, creative environment with some of the very best in UK Games Development. Not only will you be able to work closely with the game developers, you will also work with the Senior Management team on your project, along with the wider HR team.
You will be the key HR contact for the Console Development team. As a result, you will be required to build trust and confidences across the team whilst performing the full range of HR generalist duties. As a part of a small but experienced HR team, you will effectively and confidentially deal with employee relations issues and give guidance on studio and wider policies.
As part of your role, you will be supporting performance management at all levels across the project and ensuring learning and development initiatives are delivered. Excellent communication skills are vital in this position and you will be responsible for reporting on attendance, sickness, disciplinary and performance issues to key members of the leadership team. To support this, routine and ad hoc HR reporting and analysing data are a part of the remit of the HR Business Partner. You will be need to be familiar with current employment law and apply company HR policies and procedures where relevant, providing accurate advice and offer suggestions for improvement. During periods of growth on your project, there will be a need to support recruitment initiatives at peak times. As an ever-evolving business, there will be opportunities for ad hoc HR project work. This is an excellent opportunity to practice HR in a creative and truly people focused environment.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
You must have the following essential skills:
- Employee relations experience is essential
- Up to date and proven experience of working in a busy, fast pace HR department with dealings in capability, disciplinary and attendance matters
- Ability to successfully problem solve and apply the right approach
- Understanding and good application of current employment law
- A flexible team player and self-starter who is well organised and detail orientated
- The ability to listen and influence with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- CIPD qualified
- Proficient in MS Office packages; specifically, in Excel, Outlook and Word
- Previous experience within a creative digital or technological environment
- Experience as a standalone HR generalist
And we are led by our passion for gameplay, which has in turn made us a leader in UK games development. Established in 1987, we have gathered our team of world-class, diverse and multi-national talent, dedicated to crafting some of the most renowned gaming experiences and giving our loyal followers worlds in which to immerse themselves.
Our focus on quality has filled our awards cabinet over the years – from BAFTAs to Ivor Novellos. We owe this to our team – creatives from a breadth of backgrounds, who unite to share their ideas and expertise, to craft the highest quality gameplay.