Escape Studios are Europe's premier visual effects academy with over 14 years’ experience in creating world-class, studio-ready talent.
We are looking for a game artist with a broad depth of knowledge to teach our students the latest industry relevant techniques for both mobile and console/PC games. Our mission is simple, helping our students to create stunning game art covering the areas of Props, Environments, Lighting, Animation for Environments and Realtime-FX.
Our engine of choice is Unreal Engine 4 and we use Maya, Photoshop, Substance Painter, Substance Designer, Zbrush and SpeedTree amongst others.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is constantly expanding their skills artistically and technically with a passion for passing knowledge on. Learning and development are important as we want you to keep your edge and pass that on to our students. Development time is given so you can learn our curriculum, deliver it and contribute to its development.
You will be comfortable briefing students on industry based projects and guiding them in their project time, providing formative feedback as well as summative reviews.
You'll be joining a team of experienced professionals who know how to pass on the knowledge, skills and curiosity to create the next generation of innovators that will move the creative industries forward.
- The Game Art Tutor is part of a team responsible for the development and delivery of the Game Art programs
- They will utilise a wide range of industry practice that encompasses all aspects of Game Art through Mobile to AAA quality.
- The Games Art Tutor will have experience in Blueprint or be willing to learn it to teach simple game engine interactions in a level
- There will be opportunities to deliver other course content and teach new emerging software and techniques as needed.
- Working closely with the Head of Games and the wider Escape Studios team you will ensure the training offered is of the highest quality and that courses in your specific area of expertise are up to date and industry relevant at all times.
- Key to success will be the ability to communicate complex ideas, tools and techniques to students in a classroom environment, online and in collaboration with other staff within Escape Studios.
- There may be times when training new tutors and on-boarding procedures are also part your duties to maintain a company-wide high standard of teaching in the classrooms and internally.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Work with the Head of Games and other members of staff to deliver the premier CG training facility in Europe.
- Delivering training courses to students in a classroom environment and online and, when necessary, to individuals and professional customers on and off-site.
- Providing one–to-one feedback, coaching, show-reel clinics and support to students with a range of backgrounds and abilities.
- Demonstrate technical and/or artistic excellence within a specific area of expertise or software product range.
- The ongoing research and development of course content and industry tools and techniques to ensure the highest quality and industry relevance of the training.
- Collaborative, team-based and individual work on course development projects for both classroom and online training.
- To organise workloads to a schedule and work under pressure when required.
- Cooperation with the Marketing, Sales and Recruitment teams to support and participate in promotional and business development activities.
- To act as a high-profile representative of Escape Studios at all times, presenting yourself in a professional and positive manner.
- Involvement in other ad-hoc projects supporting other departments as required.
Experience and qualifications
We are looking for someone with 3-5 Years Industry experience in Games. Creating environments and Props with a portfolio showing your skills in creating stunning environments and lighting as well as textures and sculpts.
Other skill that are desirable
- Knowledge of concepts surrounding art direction and art bibles.
- Comfortable with stylistic approaches
- Understanding of PBR
- Experience in Cascade or other particle systems
- Experience with Maya Dynamics and Fluids
- Blueprint experience for simple level interactions to make our students game art come alive.
- Experience as a game artist in a technical development environment with an understanding of Mobile and Next-Gen game dev workflows
- A relevant teaching qualifications.
- You will be teaching short course and UG / PG students so teaching experience is desirable, however if you are a good communicator and have a passion for passing on knowledge then a willingness to undertake teaching training with eventual membership of the HEA and post graduate qualifications is acceptable.