My client is one of Europe's largest independent game developers working on great games. Including some of the top franchises in the world, for top publishers and on a range of formats covering Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC, Wii, PS Vita, Facebook & iOS as well as online.
Due to their continued success they are now looking for a Gameplay Programmer to join them working on the next instalment of their tactical shooter which is currently in development for current and next-gen platforms as well as PC and uses their own proprietary engine.
This role is full-time based in-house at either their Oxford or Runcorn development studio.
- Develop and implement new gameplay code, including features such as strategy, mechanics, logic, combat systems, AI, UI, audio code, etc.
- Meet game design and technical requirements as well as internal coding standards.
- Maintain and debug your own and existing code.
- Write and maintain technical documentation.
- Optimise code and data for memory usage and performance per console.
- Identify and solve development obstacles or risks that arise.
- Support all coders on your team, including juniors and seniors as required.
- Collaborate productively, communicating ideas and issues clearly across disciplines.
- Be responsive to deadlines and work well under pressure, meeting multiple production objectives and deadlines.
Qualifications & Experience:
-Minimum of 2 years C++ experience in professional games development, preferably including experience of completing a PS3 and/or Xbox 360 title.
- Ability to quickly familiarise yourself to work with a large existing codebase.
- Ability to prototype as well as producing final code.
- Strong debugging, profiling and optimising, system design and 3D math skills.
- Console, general games and/or multiplayer development experience would be an advantage, as would any experience with commonly used development tools such as Visual Studio and Perforce/other version control systems.
-A strong academic background is also preferred with a 1st class or 2:1 degree in Computer Science, Maths, Physics or other science-related subject, but not essential if you have appropriate experience.
In return the company offers an excellent Salary and Benefits.
More details are available by contacting Danny Johnson at Aardvark Swift via email: firstname.lastname@example.org