Location – Guildford
Job Type – Contract
Platform – Console and PC
Salary – Great rates available
Are you a highly talented individual who enjoys a challenge and is brimming with drive and enthusiasm? Do you feel your skills and talents are waiting to find the right creative environment in which to thrive?
My client strives to create successful, landmark games and to be one of the world’s most respected developers. To that end they are continually looking for bright, talented individuals to join the team. They are well aware that new employees and fresh ideas keep us the dynamic and creative Studio that they have become.
- Develop required gameplay features within an agile team.
- Work with other programmers to ensure requirements for AI, Networking, Animation and Audio are taken into consideration.
- Work with designers to clarify feature requirements and implement them to a high quality.
- Work with the QA department to ensure all features are testable and automatable.
- Contribute to writing automated tests for game features.
- Work with tools and pipeline teams to ensure that all data required for a feature is accessible and modifiable by design.
- Ensure that required telemetry and analytics data is collected for feedback to design teams.
Key Success Criteria:
- Features are signed off by all stakeholders at the end of each development sprint.
- Features are delivered on time and within performance and memory budgets.
- Analytics data is available for design to react to.
- Previous experience working on AAA game projects in a gameplay role
- Demonstrated ability to work with existing codebases and middleware solutions
- Previous experience of animation programming
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine 3 or 4
- Previous experience of multiplayer network game programming.
- Experience of writing unit tests and automated system tests
- Ability to work in agile environments and teams
- Knowledge of unit testing and automated system testing.
- Advanced understanding in C/C++ (4+ years proven industry experience).
- Strong 3D Maths
- Strong understanding of Animation
- Broad understanding of AI, Game Networking and Audio.
- Broad understanding and experience of producing data-driven systems.
- Broad understanding of multiplayer gameplay features
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in multi-discipline teams
- Proven ability to work effectively with designers to match their vision.
To apply please forward over your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Max Hurd - Programming Consultant
OPM Response Ltd
Direct Line: + 44 (0) 1206 214420