We are looking for a Game Designer to help us to develop the next generation of console games. If you have a strong desire to bring creative & fun new game concepts to life, we want you to apply!
This is an opportunity to work as part of a small friendly team where you have the opportunity to really make a mark. You should be a motivated individual and should be able to work in a self-directed manner.
You will be involved in design at all stages of the development process, from initial concept to level design and user testing and balancing.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design, document and communicate game features to the team
- Design and build (block-out) levels using 3d layout tools
- Balance and fine-tune gameplay both alone and using feedback from playtest sessions
- Work with the team to resolve design and gameplay issues as they emerge during development
- Work with artists to create designs that are also sympathetic to art composition
- Critically review the product at each stage of development
Required Skills & Experience
- Deep understanding of game mechanics
- Demonstrable experience in designing levels for puzzle and/or action games, preferably in a previously shipped game, but otherwise in a working demo that you can supply
- Experience using a 3d level editor or modelling package such as Unity, Unreal, 3DS Max, Maya or Blender for level layout or block-out purposes
- Some familiarity with an in-game scripting language such as Lua, Python, UnrealScript, Unity script, or another programming language
Some artistic ability would be advantageous, in particular the ability to sketch ideas to communicate them to other members of the team.
Applicants must be able to relocate to our studio in central Manchester, England, and be legally eligible to work in the UK.
Please email your CV and any supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org.