To work in-house at our Sofia studio located in Bulgaria, we are looking for an exceptional designer to join our talented and motivated team working on exciting new historical projects in the Total War universe.
You will be able to offer insights that drive the way our projects are shaped and directly influence our players’ gaming experience. You'll become part of a world class development team working on a title in the award winning Total War series. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to make a real impact on the title leading up to release.
As a Game Designer on this project, you will take full ownership and responsibility of multiple features and ensure they are fully delivered to highest quality. This is to include content research, planning and implementation, UX, balancing and more. You will work as a part of team Collaborate and communicate with other designers, artists and programmers working on the features that you are responsible for. You will regularly communicate updates to various disciplines in the team; be proactive in communicating progress and solving problems. You will be responsible for creating and maintaining fun and balanced systems.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- At least 2 shipped game titles
- Experience on core systems design, and seeing those designs through to execution and with ongoing support. You will have extensive experience of balancing large sets of numbers, for unit balance, progression systems etc.
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate both verbally and written in English and Bulgarian
- Have experience of working on a strategy game as a core/balance/system designer, or be an avid strategy player
- You will be working with multiple disciplines in a team-oriented environment, and must be able to clearly communicate goals
- You must be able to listen to and be open to feedback and integrate that into your work
- Obsessive gamer, interested in why things work, not just what and how
- Strong historical knowledge
- Creative writing skills
- Deep understanding of Total War
- Wide understanding of the full range of games in the strategy genre
- UI/UX Experience
- Great attention for detail and strong visual sense
We are led by our passion for gameplay, which has in turn made us a leader in UK games development. Established in 1987, we have gathered our team of world-class, diverse and multi-national talent, dedicated to crafting some of the most renowned gaming experiences and giving our loyal followers worlds in which to immerse themselves.
Our focus on quality has filled our awards cabinet over the years – from BAFTAs to Ivor Novellos. We owe this to our team – creatives from a breadth of backgrounds, who unite to share their ideas and expertise, to craft the highest quality gameplay.