Amplitude is a team of experienced video game lovers (and developers) with a single goal: Create the best strategy games with the players’ help!
Based in Paris, our studio boasts an international team that has worked all over the world on major AAA titles. Since Amplitude’s creation in 2011, we have released Endless Space, Dungeon of the Endless and Endless Legend, all set in the same Endless Universe and all critically acclaimed.
We have a very special working method based on an open crowdsourced development process called Games2Gether. This platform enables the community to participate in the creation of our video games from the early stages of development. Today, this methodology enables us to fulfill the expectations of our players while earning international recognition for the quality of our productions.
We are looking for a highly technical Game Designer to assist with the conception of gameplay mechanics for a 4X game. Under the supervision of the Creative Director and a Senior Designer, your main responsibilities will include:
- Design gameplay mechanics & systems, proactively anticipate issues and propose solutions
- Work on refining the game’s balancing in several areas (factions, technology, progression, etc…)
- Iterate & adjust gameplay experiences
- Produce and maintain detailed game design documentation
- Collaborate with programmers, artists, and other members of the design team
Required experience & skills
- Fully fluent or native in English
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in relevant field
- First experience in video game industry in a similar or relevant position
- Strong background in systems design
- Algorithm working knowledge
- Passionate about strategy games
- Capacity to excel in the entire spectrum of Game Design tasks
- Strong autonomy, attention to details and organizational skills
- Excellent ability to work effectively within a team and interact with a large variety of profiles (developers, players’ community, artists…)
- Strong creative skills and ability to form an informed critical judgment on the gameplay systems
- Flexibility and adaptability to fast-paced change
(Very) Welcome Bonuses!
- Keen on 4X
- Working knowledge of French