Job Type: Permanent
OPM are delighted to be working on this exciting opportunity for a UI Artist to join our hugely successful games client based in Germany.
They are known for creating excellent strategy games but have recently started to develop its major brands for consoles as well
Your Tasks as a UI Artist:
• Design and create modern, high quality interface solutions for game productions
• Work with the Art Director, designers and programmers to create screen layouts and 2D assets and artworks for production
• Ensure that all UI elements and 2D assets stay within the limits of gameplay requirements and engine limitations
• Ensure a very high usability and readability on all designs on every platform and resolution
• Close collaboration with the Art Director to work within the visual style of the game
• Ensure that all UI elements and 2D artworks are suitable for production needs of other departments
• Experience in Video Game industry and a deep knowledge of User interface workflows
• Very strong skills in Photoshop, Flash, Illustrator and After Effects
• A keen eye for composition, colour, lighting and mood
• A good sense for modern, state of the art layout and design
• Very good sense for Motion design, preferably good 2D animation skills
• Understand 2D production work flows and tools with the ability to modify and improve them.
• Be forward thinking and anticipate the needs of your project.
• Able to adapt to the current projects art style and work within those limitations.
• Be enthusiastic and expect to take on challenges.
• High degree of self-motivation and initiative.
• Verbal and written communication skills in English
• Experience with Unity Engine, Flash and / or scaleform is a plus
• Scripting knowledge is a plus
• Compositing skills is a plus
• Experience developing for mobile platforms
• Being an avid gamer is a plus
Portfolios must contain a detailed breakdown of the work.
Portfolio should contain:
• Examples of modern layouts and screen design
• Examples of dynamic motion design and interface animations
• Examples of style variety
PLEASE NOTE: all applicants must provide samples upon application. Candidates without a portfolio will not be considered. Unfortunately my client is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the EU/Germany.
Does this sound like your next move? Then please send your CV to email@example.com or contact me on the details below:
Claire Ramshaw - firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Art Consultant
Direct Line: +44 (0) 1206 214413
Linked in: http://uk.linkedin.com/in/claireramshawopm
Disclaimer: The salary bracket shown is approximate and is no guarantee of the income on offer. Salary and benefits will be discussed with candidates at interview with the company and are individually negotiated by OPM.