Radiant Worlds is looking for a number of experienced and enthusiastic artists to join their outstanding team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly motivated team of developers and industry veterans working on an exciting, new original game.
Experienced Artist (outsourcing responsibility)
- Responsible for translating the established visual of the PC version to mobile. Work with the Art Director to ensure it retains the visual style and quality – taking into consideration performance, rendering constraints and design.
- Creation and upkeep of technical specifications and pipelines, review and implement improvements to increase productivity, quality and performance
- Management of the mobile art team, ensuring that all work efficiently and within the specified art style and technical specifications
- Communicate artistic goals to all disciplines in the team and help define solutions to meet the goals
- Work in collaboration with other mobile departmental leads to produce successful results
- Production of benchmark assets for art team and outsourcers
- Manage outsourcing plan and communications; review work produced to ensure required quality and time frames
- Communicate with internal and external management, respond to feedback, document requirements and adapt to meet the needs of external and internal concerns
- Listen to feedback from end users and revise art plan where needed to improve experiences
- An aptitude for the production of high quality highly stylised assets and hand painted textures in the creation of immersive worlds.
- Highly skilled in the use of Z-Brush, Maya and Photoshop
- Proven track record in the creation and implementation of in game assets.
- A solid understanding of colour theory, surface, form, scene composition, lighting, proficient resource allocation and an appreciation of game level design.
- Ability to work to a defined art style, within technical specifications and the spirit of the project.
- Proactive in the translation and development of an asset from brief or concept through to a quality finished in game product within a specified time frame.
- Good aptitude for problem solving and self-starting with the ability to work with minimal direction.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team of mixed disciplines, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A passion for producing games of exceptional calibre.
- Traditional art skills
- Scripting knowledge
- Rigging experience
- Experience in creating texture assets in a physically based, HDR lighting pipeline
- Experience with agile production methodologies
- Experience with providing specifications and written feedback to external vendors
Please submit your CV and Portfolio (ideally via a link to a personal website). Your Portfolio should include:
- Demonstration of creativity through highly stylised assets and hand painted textures with an emphasis on exaggerated form/materials and proficient resource allocation.
- Isolated renders/turntables of example work as well as translation from concept to model.
- High resolution sculpt and breakdown of game topology models into wireframe, AO and final render as well as any additional specification information (software utilized, breakdown of maps utilized, UVs layout & tri count).