Environment Lighting Artist.
Create all aspects of lighting content for 3D environments to a high quality finish and to an agreed schedule, ensuring the overall vision of the studio is maintained. Work with the Environment team and others (e.g. design) to help guide the quality and impact of lighting across the studio.
1. Under direction from senior members of the team take an active role in the creation process, producing high quality lighting environment art content with a strong commitment to deadlines.
2. Build, maintain and manage strong working relationships with other disciplines in the studio, ensuring clarity of vision is maintained across all teams and keeping an awareness of the whole production process, whilst ensuring correct practices.
3. Take an active part in team discussions, offering advice, suggestions and constructive criticism for improving the quality of environment lighting art.
4. Maintain a flexible working practice, showing the ability and willingness to adapt to various art styles and tools, and to take advice from other disciplines and members of the art team as required.
Knowledge and Skills required
• Strong understanding of requirements of position
• Artistic flare and talent – someone who will inspire us with their work and enthusiasm as well as demonstrable knowledge of the entire environment art pipeline and how our work affects other disciplines.
• Demonstrable understanding of film/game/photography lighting concepts
• Good knowledge of industry standard 2d and 3d software packages such as Maya and Photoshop
• Knowledge of colour theory and its relevancy to game lighting
• Demonstrable knowledge of lighting environments within Unreal Editor 3 or 4
• A passion for art and ability to work as a collaborative, positive, enthusiastic and ambitious team member with a real desire to be part of the team.
• Knowledge of next-gen practices
• Sketching skills
• An understanding of UV mapping set-up for light baking
• A good knowledge of UnrealEd3 Kismet and/or UnrealEd4 Blueprints
A competitive salary and company benefits are on offer for this role, alongside a state-of-the-art working environment and a team with unparalleled passion for the beautiful game.
Claire Ramshaw| Senior Consultant
OPM Response Ltd | Ground Floor, Anderson House, 228 Old London Road, Marks Tey, Colchester, CO6 1HD | Direct Line: +44 (0) 1206 214413 | Email: email@example.com |