Our talented Total War art team has an ideal position for a talented Environment Artist to join our studio in Sofia, Bulgaria.
The ideal applicant will be particularly skilled in creating buildings, props and natural terrain, as well as a keen eye for level building and polishing.
The successful candidate will have good experience of modular systems design and prefab design, and technical skills will be a strong asset for the position.
Please note that a portfolio must be submitted as part of an application for this role. Mid and senior artists are all welcome to apply.
As the environment artist on the team, you will be required to respond quickly and intelligently to gameplay changes and tests whilst working within constraints and requirements of the game engine. You will work with the designers to create visually stunning settlements and maps. You will create hard surface props and assets as well as vegetation creation, terrain texturing and lighting. As the team Environment Artist, you will work on system design for building upgrades, settlements upgrades, climates and seasons.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
• Demonstrated visual flare and artistic talent
• Skill in 3ds Max/Maya/ZBrush
• Skill in Photoshop
• One or more shipped game
• Knowledge of games development pipeline/environment/engines
• Self-motivated approach to work
• Great communication skills complemented by a positive can-do attitude
• Experience of working effectively in a team
• Demonstrated passion for visual environment creation
• Proven experience implementing game environments
• Formal art training
• All round art ability
• Love of games
• Knowledge of Substance Designer and Painter
• Concept art skills
• Lighting and composition skills
• 2d painting and texturing skills
• An interest in architecture and the built environment