Crytek is looking for a creatively minded independent Environment Artist for Hunt: Showdown to join our Frankfurt, Germany Studio.
*Sample pictures and portfolio link, which shows sample work are required*
- Creating highpoly and lowpoly models of environmental objects (trees, bushes, props, buildings, tilesets)
- Creating efficient UV layouts that work well within the engine/platform constrains
- Create believable environments within the engine
- Create game-ready assets given the technical limitations
- Derive a well structured lowpoly model from the high poly model
- Photorealistic Texturing of environmental objects
- Work independently on asset sets
- 2+ years of professional game production experience.
- A strong ability to create believable environments within a games engine
- Ability to derive a well structured lowpoly model from the high poly model
- Strong understanding of efficient UV layout, PBR pipeline and modular level creation methods
- Strong knowledge of 3dsmax, Photoshop and Zbrush / Mudbox
- The ability to manage and supervise junior artists and willingness to carry out mentorship tasks.
- A strong understanding of shader functionality
- Focused, motivated and effective on all tasks through completion
- A passion for games.
- Good English communication and writing skills
- Positive team-oriented attitude
- Be proactive and self-motivated and complete tasks within given time constraint
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany
What you can expect from us:
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free onsite German lessons for our employees and partners / spouses.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!
Crytek is an independent videogame developer, publisher, and technology provider dedicated to pushing the boundaries of gaming with its cutting-edge 3D game development solution CRYENGINE. With headquarters in Frankfurt am Main (Germany) and studios in Kiev (Ukraine), and Istanbul (Turkey), Crytek has created multiple award-winning titles, including the original Far Cry, the Crysis series, Ryse: Son of Rome, Warface, The Climb, Robinson: The Journey and Hunt: Showdown. Crytek delivers fun and innovative gaming experiences for PC, consoles, and VR and continues to grow its reach in the games-as-a-service market. Every Crytek game is created with CRYENGINE, which can be used by anyone to create games on a Pay What You Want business model.