Salary: Day Rate
Job Type: Contract up to 9 months.
My client has a mission to create innovative and market leading games with broad market appeal in terms of play and entertainment
They are currently looking for experienced and highly motivated Contract Environment Artists to join our team and work on our next generation PS4 project.
Joining our team of experienced artists and working with us to deliver our next-generation environments.
The Environment Art Contractor role involves:
- Creating high-quality 3D environment assets, texturing, and lighting when required to schedule times.
- Testing and proactively troubleshoot areas that are not working in the game and help fix them.
- Implement feedback from Lead and senior review to hit technical & quality benchmarks, respect the game design & flow, maintain consistency and deliver on the project vision.
- Able to work through tasks with support/supervision from more senior team members when required.
- Help break-down work & derive task durations for scheduling.
- Support the documentation of procedures and pipelines as required.
- Keep up to date with new techniques for environment asset creation, industry news sources, and current technical and quality benchmarks.
- Contribute to peer review of the environment work and give constructive critique on the game as a whole.
- Ability to brief, review & integrate outsource work.
- Ability to communicate status and issues with work to relevant leads and supervisors.
Knowledge & Skills:
The successful candidate should have good level, demonstrable skills, knowledge & experience in the following areas.
- Adept at modelling, shading, texturing in any relevant 3D packages (Maya preferred).
- Adept with high-detail sculpting packages (Z-brush preferred) & the baking-down to in-game process
- Adept with 2d painting / drawing packages (Photoshop preferred)
- Excellent artistic skills with good understanding of form, composition, colour and lighting.
- Technical understanding of digital art pipelines with solid knowledge of the technical aspects of level building, and have constructed levels from start to completion.
- Awareness of current & upcoming game titles & technology.
- Eagerness and ability to learn new software tools and technologies.
- Creative nature with strong problem solving skills.
- Articulate with strong written and verbal communication skills.
If this sounds like your next role please email your up to date CV in MS WORD FORMAT and Portfolio link to firstname.lastname@example.org
Claire Ramshaw | Senior Art Consultant
OPM Response Ltd
Direct Line: + 44 (0) 1206 214413 |
Email: Claire@opmjobs.com |
The salary bracket shown is approximate and is no guarantee of the income on offer. Salary and benefits will be discussed with candidates at interview with the company and are individually negotiated by OPM.