Crytek GmbH ("Crytek") is an independent company at the forefront of the interactive entertainment industry, and is dedicated to pushing the boundaries of gaming by creating standout experiences for consoles, PC, mobile devices and games-as-service using their cutting-edge 3D-Game-Technology, CRYENGINE®.
The company's headquarters are in Frankfurt am Main (Germany). Crytek also has studios in Kiev (Ukraine), Budapest (Hungary), Sofia (Bulgaria), Seoul (South Korea), Nottingham (UK), Shanghai (China), Istanbul (Turkey) and Austin (USA).
Since its foundation in 1999, Crytek has consistently been recognized for excellence in its field, earning accolades such as the 2011 Develop Award for Best Independent Studio, and two Red Dot Design Awards (in 2010 and 2013). Its multi-award winning games include Far Cry®, Crysis® (awarded best PC Game of E3 2007 and Best Technology at the 2008 Game Developers Choice Awards), Crysis Warhead® (awarded Best Graphics Technology at IGN Best of 2008 Awards), Crysis® 2 (awarded Best Shooter of E3 2010 and Gamescom 2010), Crysis® 3 and Warface (awarded Best Social/Casual/Online Game of Gamescom 2012).
Crytek Frankfurt is looking for an Engine Programmer - Linux and Mac to support our team.
- Maintain Linux and Mac support for CryENGINE.
- Contribute development of the CryENGINE OpenGL renderer.
- Contribute to maintenance and improvements of low-level engine systems.
- Ensure reliability of the UNIX based build systems for engine releases and game projects.
- Contribute developer documentation based on on-going developments.
- Provide support and training to internal and external developers.
- Show a strong passion for customer service and satisfaction.
- Take initiative and be willing to expand own horizon.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Safeguard company assets including source code, artwork, tools, game design information and technical know-how.
- Minimum of 2 year of professional software development experience.
- Excellent understanding of:
- OpenGL API, shader programming and 3D graphics algorithms.
- UNIX operating systems and the open-source development community.
- Object-oriented software engineering.
- Multithreaded software architecture.
- Strong software engineering and debugging skills.
- Adopt existing company development processes.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent english communication and writing skills.
- Keep a positive team-oriented attitude.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main in Germany.
- Be proactive and self-motivated, work without direct supervision.
- Willing to travel for conferences and off-site meetings as needed.