Sports Interactive (SI) is the world’s leading developer of football management simulations through its Football Manager series of games. Founded in 1994 and now based in East London's booming technology hub of Old Street, SI, as a continually successful and profitable company, is now looking to expand its full-time staff as it pushes out across both existing and emerging gaming platforms.
SI’s games have enjoyed an unparalleled history of commercial and critical success, with 12 of its creations among the UK's Top 20 fastest-selling PC games of all time and five in the UK’s top 20 best-selling PC games of all time. Sports Interactive became a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA in 2006.
The studio is a vibrant environment, full of talented and dedicated people with drive, passion and creativity, who enjoy working within a close-knit team as part of a lively, self-motivated and forward thinking company. Sports Interactive looks after its staff’s well-being with free gym membership, in-house massage therapy, a leading benefits package and a flexible working schedule that make the studio a relaxed and friendly place to work. The company also arranges regular team social events and is very proud of having one of the lowest turnovers of staff in the industry.
Further information on Sports Interactive and its games is available from the SI website, www.sigames.com.
As part of Sports Interactive’s on-going effort to strengthen our digital marketing, social media communications and customer support, we are looking for an enthusiastic Digital Marketing Coordinator to join the communications team.
Reporting into the Digital Marketing Manager, the successful candidate should have more than two years in a similar role, or have experience in running and maintaining successful social media profiles. The successful candidate will also need to have an encyclopaedic knowledge of football, experience playing Football Manager and a keen eye for current and upcoming social media trends.
Candidates must also be of the modern digital mind-set and recognise that even though they have regular office hours, they must also be available and prepared to respond to fans on social media platforms around the clock.
- Social media updates on official Football Manager profiles
- Writing news items for website
- Programming database mailers
- Uploading marketing materials online (YouTube, FlickR)
- Monitoring social media channels for references to FM and SI (both positive and negative)
- Managing the SI Community Affiliate Scheme (FM fansites)
- Creating social media graphics
- Assist with video editing where appropriate
- Pulling stats for social media reports
- Sourcing translations for mailers and local social media activity
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A minimum of two years’ digital marketing experience, or have experience running successful social media profiles
- Excellent copy-writing and verbal communication skills
- Experience using an email marketing software
- Excellent experience and knowledge in using social media platforms
- Recognise social media trends
- Experience uploading and optimising video content
- Instinctive ability to communicate through social media platform with the correct tone of voice
- Good Photoshop skills
- Experience in using Final Cut Pro would be an advantage
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.