We are looking for a passionate regular DevOps Engineer to work with our HUNT: Showdown development team in our studio in Frankfurt, Germany.
The ideal candidate will be a passionate DevOps Engineer with a desire to collaborate with multiple disciplines ranging from programmers to live operations. You have a passion for deploying new technologies and solving problems that arise. You use your knowledge to provide guidance in the architecture and technical designs planning. You have strong communication skills. You are self driven and possess the ability to anticipate and warn about road-blocks.
- Infrastructure development, scalability, clusterization and automation.
- Design and implementation of build, release, deployment, and configuration activities (for server & product).
- Implementing and configuring 3rd party and custom components (Docker, Redis, Consul,…).
- Automating rollout of builds to development & testing teams.
- Monitor + troubleshoot production issues and collaborate with the developers.
- Strong programming skills in one of the following scripting languages: Python (preferred), Ruby or Perl.
- Proficiency in Unix/Linux.
- Proficiency in Shell scripting.
- Knowledge of VCS (Version Control System) (Perforce is a plus).
- Knowledge of CI (Continuous Integration) tools (Jenkins is a plus).
- 1-3 years of experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar position.
- Solid English skills, strong communication skills with a strong affinity for transparency.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Experience in deploying and administering Linux environments
- Experience in at least one of the following orchestration solutions: Puppet, Ansible, Chef.
- Experience in containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes or similar)
- Experience working in Game Development teams
- Knowledge of virtual infrastructure systems (XEN, Vmware or similar)
- Basic knowledge of common Distributed Computing paradigms and consistency models
- Experience in troubleshooting network, hardware, and performance problems
- Experience with monitoring systems (Nagios, Munin, Shinken, Ganglia or similar)
- Experience with data analysis systems (Elastic, Logstash, Kibana, Graylog or similar)
- Basic knowledge in a following programming languages: C#, C++
- 3rd Party systems knowledge: Zookeeper, Microsoft Orleans, Rsyslog
- Familiar with a cloud hosting solution (Microsoft Azure,…)
- Experience with managing all aspects of high-traffic servers, including scaling, profiling, debugging, and stress testing
What you can expect from us:
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free onsite German lessons for our employees and partners / spouses.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!
Crytek is an independent videogame developer, publisher, and technology provider dedicated to pushing the boundaries of gaming with its cutting-edge 3D game development solution CRYENGINE. With headquarters in Frankfurt am Main (Germany) and studios in Kiev (Ukraine), and Istanbul (Turkey), Crytek has created multiple award-winning titles, including the original Far Cry, the Crysis series, Ryse: Son of Rome, Warface, The Climb, Robinson: The Journey and Hunt: Showdown. Crytek delivers fun and innovative gaming experiences for PC, consoles, and VR and continues to grow its reach in the games-as-a-service market. Every Crytek game is created with CRYENGINE, which can be used by anyone to create games on a Pay What You Want business model.