Excellent opportunity to get involved in one of the most successful online multi-player games currently on the market. If you are hugely passionate about games, take playing serious and believe that a player-focused approach will result in better quality and more fun games, then this could be the opportunity for you.
This company has well and truly established itself as one of the leading developers in PC MMO games and their IP is continuing to gather both critical and player acclaim. The company is immensely proud of their community and it is for and with them that they continue to evolve and improve their player experience.
As Development Manager, you’ll work with your teams to set and realise ambitious and inspiring objectives. You’ll maintain the right direction by identifying key performance metrics, and then using these to target and push through barriers in the production process.
You will have solid experience within Agile methodologies and these will help you in refining and improving the development practises with new tools and strategies for delivering amazing new features and content. You’ll also serve as a mentor for members of your team, helping them achieve their full potential.
• You will be industry experienced, having spent a minimum of 3 years managing teams as a Project Manager or Producer in game / web development. Qualification of Scrum Master will be considered a bonus.
• You will have a solid grasp of agile methodologies, especially Scrum and lean product development
• You will using metrics to inform continuous improvement, and use this data to identify problem areas for quick solutions.
• A master negotiator: your disarming demeanor puts people immediately at ease, and you have an uncanny ability to find a compromise that leaves everyone feeling satisfied
• As a team leader, you will set ambitious, but attainable goals, and inspire your team to challenge themselves to reach them; you celebrate successes with your team, but are the first to step up and own your part when things don’t go as planned
• You are a communication guru: you’re a champion of open communication and encourage your teams to maintain a candid, collaborative environment; you’ve got a true open-door policy that makes you approachable and easy to talk to for all
• You have at least a bachelor’s degree, preferably in a technical field like Computer Science or Engineering
• Lead team and cross-team improvements by determining key performance metrics and creating tools to track, maintain, and communicate them
• Establish development schedules through scenario planning and facilitate daily stand-ups as Scrum Master for one or more development teams
• Making work and progress visible via story mapping, roadmaps, sprint plans, burn-downs, value stream maps, and release summary reports
• Ensure that backlogs stay organized and work with development teams to keep them on point with the latest priorities
• Manage, coach, and grow your team members to their full potential
The company offers an open, positive and enthusiastic studio atmosphere with state of the art facilities and plenty of room to opportunities to prove yourself and to grow long-term.
The company prides itself in its staff and very much look after them, both with competitive salaries and benefits including health insurance (vision, dental, medical), 401k, share options, life insurance, subsidized on-campus gym and a $300 a year games fund, as well as by providing learning and training opportunities throughout your career with them.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Nadja on +44 (0)1206 214422 or send your details / Word CV for my attention to email@example.com
Salary and benefits will be discussed with candidates at interview with the company and are individually negotiated by OPM.