Salary: up to £Neg
Job Type: Permanent
My client is looking for an experienced Analytics Engineer to implement robust, efficient and repeatable processes that populate analytical data assets within their established data warehouse supporting customer centric predictive analytics for their gaming environment.
The successful candidate will have a strong technical and academic background with experience of the full software development life-cycle, ideally with exposure to predictive analytics. Your solid ability in a variety of programming languages, particularly in a Linux environment, will complement their xisting SQL, ETL and commercial statistical analytics tool environment to enhance their existing capability.
• Developing data sets using advanced SQL skills, and optimising solutions to create repeatable mechanisms
• Collaborate with analysts in the preparation of data for research projects
• Work with cross functional teams to implement data integration solutions that exploit the value of analytical models
• Defining and establishing data quality standards and automated testing frameworks
• Creating data visualisations using out of the box tools or developing bespoke solutions.
• Identifying metadata issues, developing data quality measurements and working driving through changes to improve overall data quality
• Coaching analytics team in best practice for SQL and Unix scripting
• Researching new techniques and technologies applicable for “Big Data” analytical activity
• Data Preparation using advanced SQL, including stored procedures
• Unix shell scripting and application configuration
• Object and structured programming skills; including full software development lifecycle
• Solid experience of Python or Java and a willingness/aptitude to learn other programming languages
• Strong analytical, quantitative, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills
• Ability to work with other business units in order to achieve common objectives
• Bachelor’s Degree [ 2:1 or higher computer science or maths based ]
• A working understanding of business requirements gathering and business / systems analysis.
• Experience of supporting customer loyalty programmes within financial services organisation including subscription services
• Ability to utilise various tools to enable the visualisation of complex data forms
• Ability to adopt and adapt to new technical environments
• Knowledge of standard analytical process models including CRISP-DM
• Knowledge or use of ETL tools [though not essential]
• Extensive SQL [Ideally Netezza + development of stored procedures ]
• Extensive programming in a Unix environment using Python or Java
• Strong understanding of data warehousing principles and data modelling.
• Scripting experience of any one of the following analytical tools: R, SPSS, SAS, KXEN
For the opportunity to be part of this team please send your cv and work examples FAO Catherine to email@example.com or call +44 1206 214416
Catherine Cope| Design and Analytics Consultant
OPM Response Ltd | Ground Floor, Anderson House, 228 Old London Road, Marks Tey, Colchester, CO6 1HD
Direct Line: + 44 (0) 1206 214416 | Email: Catherine@opmjobs.com