Core Engine Programmer
Rockstar North is currently seeking an experienced programmer to focus on core engine development. We’re looking for a highly talented individual with a positive attitude, a passion for games, and a natural ability to communicate with people as effectively as with a computer.
You need at least three years commercial games experience and a minimum of one published title on PS3 or Xbox 360 to demonstrate your skills.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop cutting-edge architectures and high performance systems for current and next-gen platforms.
- Work on multiple aspects of engine development: world representation, rendering, graphics, effects, threading and other subsystems.
- Design and implement a variety of low and mid-level systems.
- Improving engine architecture and evolving an existing codebase.
- Diagnose game performance and stability issues, and develop solutions.
- Fluency in C++ with strong multi-threaded programming skills.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience writing efficient core engine code.
- Self-motivated, and willing to pitch in on many areas of development.
- Outstanding math skills (linear algebra, trigonometry, matrix/quaternion math).
- Able to communicate, and work closely with designers, artists and other coders.
- Prior experience working as an engine or generalist programmer on at least one previous game.
- Experience with code and data optimization to improve memory consumption and performance.
- Experience with multithreaded programming.
- Passion for playing video games, and writing engine code.
- Mathematics/computer science degree.
- Fluency in assembly and/or SIMD programming.
- Experience developing high level graphics systems.
- Experience with streaming , open world games.
- Experience integrating third-party products.
- In-depth familiarity of Rockstar products is a massive plus.
To find out more, apply through http://jobvite.com/m?3mBdfgwa