Location: Central London
Job type: contract in-house
Salary: Depending on experience day rate offered
Job Type: Contract
OPM’s client have a mission to create innovative and market leading games with broad market appeal in terms of play and entertainment. We are looking for a highly motivated Artists with bags of potential to join our team and work on our next generation PS4 project.
This is a great opportunity for you to work in our central London Studio in the heart of the creative area of Soho, working as part of the art department the Outsourcing Artist role will include asset outsourcing preparation, review, and integration of commissioned artwork into the game production.
Job Responsibility, the role involves:
- Work closely together with the Outsourcing Manager and Art Supervisors to collaborate with outsourcing partners
- Write Outsource Pack briefs
- Check and implement assets coming from outsourcing partners
- Support the review and feedback on returned art assets
- Make corrections on art assets delivered by outsourcing partners
- Support the integration of delivered assets into the Game
- Support the game teams with additional art assets creation where relevant (eg. Concept, Prop, Environment, Character art)
- Implement feedback from Lead and Senior review to deliver quality work
- Contribute to team communication including input to peer review and highlighting ideas for team discussion
Knowledge & Skills:
The successful candidate should be proficient and demonstrate growing skill, knowledge & experience in the following areas.
- Evidence of being self-organised
- Very good English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong understanding of efficient UV layout for low poly objects
- Understanding of the normal map creation process
- Good texturing skills and knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
- Knowledge of 3D applications, preferably with experience of Autodesk Maya
- Good 3D modeling skills with the ability to create game ready assets within the given technical limitations
- Knowledge about technical limitations in real time game engines and the ability to find solutions to these limitations (LOD, texture size reduction, etc.)
- Ability to create a well-structured low poly model from the high poly version
- Being able to adapt to new technologies.
- Keen eye on detail, colour, and composition
- Flexibility & the ability to learn new skills over time.
- Previous game development experience preferred
- Experience of reviewing and giving feedback to outsource vendors beneficial
- Reel should demonstrate strong 3D modeling and texturing skills
- High resolution modeling, both organic and hard surfaces preferred
If this sounds like your next role then email your CV along with demo work (max 5mg) to email@example.com (MS Word format)
Claire Ramshaw | Senior Art Consultant
OPM Response Ltd
Direct Line: + 44 (0) 1206 214413 |
Email: Claire@opmjobs.com |
The salary bracket shown is approximate and is no guarantee of the income on offer. Salary and benefits will be discussed with candidates at interview with the company and are individually negotiated by OPM.