Location - London
Contract position to June 14, with a view to be renewed
This studio is at the forefront of developing original exciting interactive TV entertainment content for this new generation of console working alongside a production studio in LA.
The team is pushing the boundaries of Kinect and Xbox LIVE to bring a new line of interactive television experiences to the world. Working with leading global entertainment partners, they are creating experiences that are not bound by the traditional definitions of television or gaming.
They are seeking a highly experience Fact Entertainment/Entertainment Commissioning Editor, with strong editorial and development skills in broadcast TV. The right candidate will have a strong practical production experience on high end broadcast productions, and on managing multiple productions and developments simultaneously. You will have a strong track record in developing and delivering successful TV concepts and programming. You have an extensive knowledge and contacts within the independent production community, are pro-active, and able to work both independently and within a team. Experience of working on interactive and cross platform television productions a benefit but not essential. Experience working on production outside of the UK also a benefit.
To be a key player in the development and commissioning of next generation innovative interactive Fact Entertainment and Entertainment programmes for the Xbox platform.
• Develop, originate and commission innovative new programmes
• Self-generate ideas and identify fresh territories and themes for exploration
• Work both alongside the Programming team and independently initiate,
• Develop, inspire and manage, positive, creative relationships with a wide range of Independent production both in the UK and internationally to ensure a steady supply of ideas
• Manage and quality control a slate of programmes including editorial feedback, production skills when necessary – overseeing and managing any complexities that arise
• Identify and nurture, on and off screen talent
• Work effectively with the key disciplines from the Interactive TV departments.
Work effective within the wider organization and with key stakeholders both locally in the UK and internationally.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• Understanding of the TV commissioning process and a strong proven track record in broadcast TV production to at least Series Producer level.
• Strong track record of ideas development demonstrating creative flair, decision-making and problem-solving in TV production.
• Must have sound editorial judgement and a sound understanding of the Xbox audience and values.
• Extensive knowledge and understanding of recent programme output. Both locally and internationally.
• Strong team player
Strong experience and confidence in development of original ideas and adapting existing concepts to fit with Xbox audience and interactive requirements.
• Will be required to demonstrate a high degree of editorial judgement, feedback and notes to the production partner in the execution of a programme.
• Experience in programme budgets and schedules, regulatory requirements and contractual terms.
• Responsible for working closely with Programme Management to oversee the management of programme budgets
• Focus on a network of strong external contacts with independent production companies
• Work directly with members of the Soho Productions Studios leadership team, the Soho Production Programming Team and liaise with stakeholders across organization, including overseas and engineering teams.
•Assist in the shaping of the TV production work flow and processes.
Personal Attributes/Interpersonal Skills
1. Curious and creative mindset.
2. Self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
3. Relentless drive for results
4. Enthusiastic and highly organized.
5. Strong analytical and strategic skills.
6. Capacity and passion to learn new technology creative capabilities quickly.
7. Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
8. Ability to maintain a positive and professional attitude under pressure while keeping a high level of integrity.
For more information or to apply for this position, please send your details / Word CV for my attention to email@example.com or contact me on:
Nadja Lindacher | Senior Development Management Consultant
OPM Response Ltd
Direct Line: + 44 (0) 1206 214422 |
Email: Nadja@opmjobs.com |