We are looking for an experienced Character Rigger to join our Technical Animation team, pushing the visual excellence of our games to the next level.
Working with our highly accomplished Total War team, you will develop rigs for a huge variety of characters, vehicles and props, whilst collaborating with and supporting our many animators and artists.
You will be designing and producing rigs/setups for characters, vehicles and props using in-house tools with our highly accomplished animation team.
A crucial element of this role is communication and understanding the needs of the team. You will collaborate and communicate with animators and artists and you will be providing additional technical support to multiple animation teams. You will skin and provide valuable feedback on characters, vehicles and props.
You will be proactive and passionate about your work, developing and maintaining animation tools and systems to solve production challenges. You will also provide feedback on existing systems and workflows.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- In depth knowledge of Maya, preferably experience of more than two full production cycles
- Excellent problem solving, communication and time management skills
- Strong understanding of figure and facial anatomy
- Previously shipped AAA titles in an equivalent role
- Scripting experience (Python, PyMel, mel)
- Experience designing and maintaining tools in a production environment
- Good understanding of Python, C++ and/or Maya API
- Experience with Motionbuilder and/or 3DS Max
- Strong understanding of 3D math (linear algebra, vector and matrix math)
And we are led by our passion for gameplay, which has in turn made us a leader in UK games development. Established in 1987, we have gathered our team of world-class, diverse and multi-national talent, dedicated to crafting some of the most renowned gaming experiences and giving our loyal followers worlds in which to immerse themselves.
Our focus on quality has filled our awards cabinet over the years – from BAFTAs to Ivor Novellos. We owe this to our team – creatives from a breadth of backgrounds, who unite to share their ideas and expertise, to craft the highest quality gameplay.