Job Title: Character Artist
Salary: Negotiable DOE
Job Type: Initial 1 yr contract to go Permanent
OPM are delighted to be working with a studio that over the past 11 years, has become a major player in the industry. They have partnered with prestigious publishers and worked on ambitious titles and are continuing to work on several new projects and original IP.
They are looking to extend their 80 strong team and we are looking for a 3D Character Modeler whose responsibilities will be to realize 3D characters on current and next-gen consoles.
• You will report to a Level Builder and the Art Director
• Model next-gen characters from photos and designs
• Create low res versions of these characters
• Create and apply the adequate textures
• Carry out the skeleton and the skinning in accordance with what’s needed for the animators
• Work within technical and timing constraints
• Relevant academic qualification or quailed by experience
• Experience as a character artist on console games
• Thorough knowledge of 3DSMAX, Zbrush and Photoshop
• Excellent skills in modeling and texturing for consoles: normal map, specular map
• Excellent skills in skinning techniques (concepts of rigging would be an advantage)
• Artistic outlook, Creativity, Eye for detail and Illustration skills proven in your portfolio
• Fluent English compulsory and French knowledge would prove a distinct advantage
FANTASTIC BENEFITS PACKAGE:
• Brand new office, nice lunch area in South-western France
• Lunch vouchers, public transportation subsidy, relocation services, free fruits, cakes and beverages
• Free complementary health insurance, Christmas vouchers, annual bonus, profit sharing
Please note – initially this role will be offered on a 1 year contract with a view to being extended or becoming permanent.
To ensure a speedy application please email your up to date CV in MS WORD FORMAT or PDF and Show Reel / Portfolio to email@example.com
So what are you waiting for? Don't miss out on this great career opportunity!
Jon Norfolk | Art & Animation Consultant
OPM Response Ltd
Direct Line: + 44 (0) 1206 214425 |
Email: Jon@opmjobs.com |
Skype: jon.norfolk.opm |
LinkedIn: http://uk.linkedin.com/in/jonnorfolkopm |
The salary bracket is approximate and is no guarantee of the income on offer. Salary and benefits will be discussed with candidates at interview with the company and are individually negotiated by OPM.