Crytek is looking for a Build Engineer to be part of our live production team for our Free-to-Play FPS Warface upcoming on the Xbox 360 platform. As part of a team to run the first of its kind ever on the Xbox 360 platform, this individual must be detail-oriented with a dedication to communication, process and performance as well as possessing a passion for high quality gaming as a service.
- Continuous development and maintenance of build system, build images and installers.
- Report to global Technical Director, and local Producer.
- Coordination of asset integration for builds.
- Rollout of builds to development & QA test teams.
- Define and document requirements and processes.
- Complete all tasks in a timely manner and to a consistent high quality standard.
- Tasks scheduling and risk analysis.
- 2+ years experience as a Build Engineer in game or software development or 1 shipped AAA title or shipped softwares, perferably on the Xbox 360 platform.
- Good knowledge of scripting and programming languages (Batch files / JScript / Python / C# / etc.).
- Development experience in a Windows environment.
- Exemplary communication skills.
- Fluent English skills, written and verbal.
- Technical and customer support mentality. A drive to make the game developers’ job easier.
- Strong time management skills with a proven ability to focus on priorities and solve problems. Must be able to accurately assess time requirements and complexity of assigned systems. Must be able to design systems thoroughly and break into manageable tasks.
- Ability to collaborate in a global teamwork operation, interacting with different cultures, timezones, and offices within the production environment.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- In depth knowledge of source control management software (Perforce preferred).
- Perforce administration experience.
- Experience with web development (HTPP / PHP / Ruby / etc.).
- Experience with GUI programming.
- C++ programming.
- Linux development.
- Distributed tools development.
- Experience with continuous integration systems.
- Experience developing install and patch packages (MSI experience preferred).
- Working knowledge of build tools such as Make, Maven, Ant.
- Worked in a team of several programmers.
Crytek GmbH ("Crytek") is an independent company at the forefront of the interactive entertainment industry, and is dedicated to pushing the boundaries of gaming by creating standout experiences for consoles, PC, mobile devices and games-as-service using their cutting-edge 3D-Game-Technology, CRYENGINE®.
The company's headquarters are in Frankfurt am Main (Germany). Crytek also has studios in Kiev (Ukraine), Budapest (Hungary), Sofia (Bulgaria), Seoul (South Korea), Nottingham (UK), Shanghai (China), Istanbul (Turkey) and Austin (USA).
Since its foundation in 1999, Crytek has consistently been recognized for excellence in its field, earning accolades such as the 2011 Develop Award for Best Independent Studio, and two Red Dot Design Awards (in 2010 and 2013). Its multi-award winning games include Far Cry®, Crysis® (awarded best PC Game of E3 2007 and Best Technology at the 2008 Game Developers Choice Awards), Crysis Warhead® (awarded Best Graphics Technology at IGN Best of 2008 Awards), Crysis® 2 (awarded Best Shooter of E3 2010 and Gamescom 2010), Crysis® 3 and Warface (awarded Best Social/Casual/Online Game of Gamescom 2012).