Job Title – Build and Release Engineer – Manchester – VR Facial Animation
Job Location – Manchester, UK
Job Type – Permanent
Salary – Negotiable
Job ID – 19939
Our client is currently seeking a Build and Release engineer based at their Manchester office. They’re looking for experience in an agile environment, streamlining & automating development and infrastructure management through processes and tooling to help us deliver a range of high quality products across a range of platforms.
You’ll support the development of new products and services while managing the maintenance and improvement of existing software platforms including cross platform targeting and implementing repository and plugin type architectures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Understanding the technical requirements of clients and internal delivery teams.
• Implementing and managing software release processes
• Implementing and overseeing software & platform testing.
• Improving our platforms' infrastructure environments and supporting data
• Realizing and monitoring a centralised store of platform and codebase documentation.
• Implementing, monitoring and reporting on metrics for our internal tools.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
Excellent communication & leadership skills
• Knowledge of cross platform C++, including Windows, Linux, Android, iOS (essential)
• Experience with CMake is highly desirable
• Knowledge of dynamic linking/loading and plugin architectures
• Knowledge of Python
• Experience with GIT and SVN
• Experience with Jenkins and automated test frameworks
• Experience with SDLC Methodologies & Frameworks (Kanban, Scrum etc.)
• Experience implementing & automating software build and release processes
• Experience in dependency management