This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Brand Manager to be able to make an impact on the success of our Total War titles. This is the ideal role for a talented and creative self-starter.
The Brand Manager will be working closely with both the CA development teams and SEGA publishing PR, Marketing and Sales staff to be the lynchpin of a series of high profile Total War products and initiatives.
In the is role the Brand Manager will spearhead one of our major IP titles and its supporting DLC programme throughout its release and/or extended lifecycle. A key element of the role will be maximising the opportunities the marketplace offers while ensuring innovative, efficient and impactful marketing campaigns.
This position calls for excellence in all forms of communication, creativity and relationship management. Ideal candidate for this role will be both knowledgeable and passionate with great planning and interpersonal skills. Being adaptable and a clear drive to meet deadlines, targets and budgets is crucial to this role.
Having considerable marketing input in on-going game design functionality, the role holder will be perceptive, efficient, tactful and mindful of the value of award-winning brand-building.
As a Brand Manager on the Total War team, you will own the strategic marketing plan and budget for a number of major releases in the coming years. This includes creating assets, implementation of post-execution analysis, whilst working in partnership with the central, territory and European Sales Division teams as required.
You will execute brand campaigns in line with the strategic vision as set out by the Total War Brand Director and European Sales Division Product Manager. You will work with the central marketing team throughout implementation and with our Community Management team with on-going community promotions.
In this role, you will develop close working relationships within the Brand Team, the Studio and teams within the larger SEGA corporate and local territory structure. So, having excellent interpersonal skills and relationship management is crucial.
You will be aware of and seek full visibility of global and local campaign timings and ensure that asset requirements are scheduled in good time so that art and development resource are adequately available.
The successful candidate will be expected to compile and analyse regular reporting on the sales and promotional performance of DLC and tentpole products, offering informed criticism and recommendations for future product strategy to the Studio, Business Analyst and ESD teams.
They will also contribute to, manage and identify potential key 3rd party partnerships, ensuring directly profitable or co-promotional relationships are upheld and effective.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Previous experience of triple-A brand/product ownership and product launches
- Previous experience and current understanding of the digital games retail space would be an advantage
- Experience in or involvement with online customer relationship management, account management and interconnected online system branding and delivery is an advantage
- Demonstrable experience of current online marketing standards and practices
- Previous experience of planning and buying media either independently or via agencies
- Excellent project management and planning skills
- A motivated self-starter with demonstrable experience of authoring creative marketing plans
- Current and on-going knowledge of competitor products and campaigns within the industry
- Exceptional relationship building and communication skills
- Excellent writing and reporting skills
- Excellent verbal and presentation skills, to all sizes of audience
- Willingness to travel when necessary and spend regular days at SEGA’s Brentford HQ
- A thorough appreciation of strategy games and previous Creative Assembly games is desirable.