Working closely with the rest of the Total War Brand Team, the Associate Brand Manager (ABM) works in support of a Brand or Senior Brand Manager (BM or SBM) and will assist in the brand development and marketing execution of their assigned Total War products globally.
Owning and managing aspects of product development, marketing strategy and key asset delivery, the ABM is an enthusiastic product evangelist for the TW brand both externally and internally.
In addition to strong planning and project management skills, the role demands constant high-quality communication and relationship management with all teams and all levels of seniority within the studio and with the publishing partners and wider publishing structure.
Though some level of previous product or brand experience is an advantage, this role would suit an applicant with strong organisation skills, a desire to forge a career in marketing and a passion for the industry.
- Support the BM in developing and implementing the global brand marketing strategy for their assigned Total War titles, ensuring deadlines are achieved, and input and approvals are gained from all stakeholders as required.
- Work closely with the development team to understand the game features and content, identify marketing hooks and build a related strategy.
- Research the market and stay up dated on market trends, to provide competitor insight and identify marketing opportunities.
- Schedule and achieve planned dates for all central brand marketing deliverables and ensure regular communication of planned dates to publishing partners as well as key internal stakeholders.
- Develop close working relationships within the Brand Team, the Studio and teams within the larger SEGA corporate structure to gain buy in, input and where relevant approval on strategies, activity and creative.
- Liaise with internal teams and external creative agencies to ensure brand values are understood and respected.
- Contribute to and manage key 3rd party partnerships, including publishing relationships, delivering excellent communication and ensuring relationships are upheld and effective.
- Attend industry events and Total War events, representing CA, assisting in the smooth running of the marketing activity and promoting the game to business partners and consumers.
- Contribute to the smooth operation of the rest of the team and studio, proactively performing other marketing and communications tasks as required, playing a significant part in the success of the team in general.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- A thorough appreciation of strategy games and Creative Assembly titles in particular, is an advantage.
- Experience of playing live service or free to play games is an advantage.
- Previous involvement in brand/product launches is an advantage.
- Good project management and planning skills.
- Strong relationship building and communication skills.
- A motivated self-starter with demonstrable experience of creative thinking, creative critique and good organisation.
- Current and on-going knowledge of competitor products and campaigns within the industry.
- Strong writing and reporting skills.
- Strong verbal and presentation skills, to all sizes of audience.
- Willingness to travel when necessary including overseas travel.
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.