Sports Interactive (SI) is the world’s leading developer of football management simulations through its Football Manager series of games. Founded in 1994 and now based in East London's booming technology hub of Old Street, SI, as a continually successful and profitable company, is now looking to expand its full-time staff as it pushes out across both existing and emerging gaming platforms.
SI’s games have enjoyed an unparalleled history of commercial and critical success, with 12 of its creations among the UK's Top 20 fastest-selling PC games of all time and five in the UK’s top 20 best-selling PC games of all time. Sports Interactive became a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA in 2006.
The studio is a vibrant environment, full of talented and dedicated people with drive, passion and creativity, who enjoy working within a close-knit team as part of a lively, self-motivated and forward thinking company. Sports Interactive looks after its staff’s well-being with free gym membership, in-house massage therapy, a leading benefits package and a flexible working schedule that make the studio a relaxed and friendly place to work. The company also arranges regular team social events.
Further information on Sports Interactive and its games is available from the SI website, www.sigames.com.
As part of Sports Interactive’s growing Bussiness Analysis team, we are looking for an enthusiastic Assistant to help build and maintain systems which will give the company invaluable insight into customer and market trends on a local and international scale.
Reporting into the Senior Business Analyst, the successful candidate should have more than two years in a similar role, or have experience in handling large data sets and extracting commercial analysis. The successful candidate will preferably have experience of SQL programming in order to write and present bespoke reports for senior management and departments across the company.
- In conjunction with SEGA’s IT, Business Planning, Sales Channels and Finance Teams, assisting the Senior Business Analyst in creating a web based multi-dimensional online Sales and Revenue Reporting solution (virtual team member).
- Responding to Ad-Hoc requests from the Senior Business Analyst, Studio Director and the Pillar’s Commercial and FMO Teams.
- Assisting the Senior Business Analyst in the production/development of daily/weekly Dashboards for the online version of FM (FMO).
- Processing/interrogation of large customer data sets via a SQL/Database solution to understand past (and future) customer behaviour and applying this information to assist the Marketing and Sales team to drive profitability.
- Providing assistance to the Senior Business Analyst in the production of the monthly Studio Performance Review for the consumption of the Studio Director and SEGA’s senior management team.
- Development of in-house Competitor Analysis and Emerging Markets insight.
- Providing relevant and timely analysis for inclusion within the Quarterly Studio Pillar review.
- Assist the Senior Business Analyst on Pricing/Piracy tasks where applicable
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- SQL Language/Database experience
- Experience of handling large data sets
- An ability to turn raw information into commercial analysis
- Advanced Excel skills (Pivot Tables, V-Look Ups, Macros etc.)
- Good communication skills
- Able to foster departmental relationships
- Strategic thinker
- Familiarity with Business Intelligence Tools
- An exposure to Financial/Business concepts
- Modeling of Financial/Non-Financial data
- Multi-currency experience
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.