Barnstorm Games specialises in high-quality, family friendly games, for a wide range of platforms.
We've worked with some of the world's biggest publishers, including Nintendo, Konami and Square Enix and are experts in the sensitive treatment of global brands and IP such Super Mario Brothers, Hello Kitty and Mensa.
Our most recent successes have been number one quiz apps with ITV’s The Chase and Tipping Point. As well as iOS and Android, we also develop for a large range of other platforms including Mac, PC, Wii, 3DS, PS3, Xbox 360 and Facebook.
Artist – All Experience Levels
We are looking for an artist of any experience level, from Junior/Graduate to Senior, to join our core development team. Our focus is on talent and personality rather than experience. Ability, passion and enthusiasm are what we’re most interested in.
The successful candidate will be a skilled 2D/3D generalist with a keen eye for detail and will assist with the creation and implementation of a wide variety of art related in-game assets and content. They must possess a good balance of creative fair and technical ability, take pride in their work and have a passion for quality game design.
The role will involve working on multiple simultaneous projects, alongside our experienced artists and programmers, contributing to all areas of game artwork development from concept through to implementation, for a variety of gaming platforms.
- An excellent working knowledge of Photoshop.
- Strong UI/Graphic design skills.
- Experience of a 3D software package (3DS Max preferred).
- High attention to detail.
- Good communication skills.
- Traditional art skills are a distinct advantage.
- Experience of Unity3D or similar game engine.
- Experience of Adobe After Effects and Illustrator.
- 2D and 3D Animation skills.
Some reasons why it's great to work for Barnstorm Games
- Work in the beautiful Cotswold countryside located between Oxford and Cheltenham.
- Contribute to all areas of design and development.
- Work on a wide range of genres and world famous IP.
- Satisfaction of seeing your work at the top of the charts.
- Competitive salary and profit share.
- Free lunch of your choice everyday.
- Fruit and refreshments (plus pork pie on Fridays and cake on your birthday!).
Northleach - a picturesque small Cotswold market town in Gloucestershire, England. Car ownership is essential.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com along with some examples of your work.