Job type: Permanent
Salary: Depending on experience
Platforms: Mobile, Tablet and Handheld
As the Art Director will lead the artistic vision of their games whilst developing our art team and driving improvements in the visual quality and consistency of our games.
Your remit will be to lead the artistic vision for all games within the studio, working closely with other senior members of the team to ensure this vision is fulfilled.
- Responsible for art direction across all projects, ensuring that all the key art features are in alignment with the vision
- Creating artistic styles for each title that supports and communicates the creative vision of the game concept
- Design, concept and development of artwork in support of various projects
- Provide feedback, direction, inspiration and coaching for all members of the art team
- Execute timely internal reviews on all art assets in production
- Provide feedback and guidance to external partners on art style, content and reviews
- Final approval of all art assets
- Support concept, pitching and marketing teams with the direction and creation of assets in support of these activities
- Prior success in a similar role - preferably with experience of delivering at least two high quality projects in an art director, or lead artist role.
- In depth understanding of the game development process and managing an art team
- Outstanding traditional art and conceptualization skills with the ability to work across a variety of popular styles and create new ones
- Understanding and demonstration of fundamental skills including form, composition, perspective, light, colour theory, surface texture, anatomy, and architecture
- Strong working knowledge of industry standard tools (3DSmax, Photoshop, After Effects etc.
- Experience of creating pitches and appealing presentation material
- Obsessive attention to detail
- Excellent multi-tasking and leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated, good at problem solving and an appetite for learning
- A passion for games, ideally social, mobile and online games
- Strong work ethic, combined with a sense of humour
If this sounds like your next role then email your CV along with demo work (max 5mg) to email@example.com (MS Word format)
Claire Ramshaw | Senior Art Consultant
OPM Response Ltd
Direct Line: + 44 (0) 1206 214413 |
Email: Claire@opmjobs.com |
The salary bracket shown is approximate and is no guarantee of the income on offer. Salary and benefits will be discussed with candidates at interview with the company and are individually negotiated by OPM.