Job Title – Arabic Community Manager
Job Location – London
Job Type – Contract
The Community Manager is the main link between the community and my client.
Your will act as the “face” of my client for the community as well as ensuring that community strategies are implemented across all of my client´s online campaigns.
You will be working within a large and culturally diverse team, including other languages community managers, and reporting to the European Community Manager. Collaborate, share and support other community managers will be part of your daily routine.
Besides, you´ll be liaising with stakeholders, specially your local territory and other marketing teams, in order to optimize the community experience.
The main purpose of the Community Manager is to engage users with the brand, instilling in them a sense of loyalty towards the products and services.
Moreover, you´ll need to interpret and develop the community from a marketing point of view, understanding the “word of mouth” as one of the most efficient marketing tool for the business.
Your area of action will be any online environment where the community is found, although the main sites that you will look after and where you will develop your main community activities will be the forum (primarily), blog, social media channels and online games.
You will be responsible of monitoring and moderating user generated content (UGC), using the different moderation tools available for this purpose, to ensure compliance with internal policies, terms and conditions. User generated content can be text, image audio or video.
Finally, you’ll act as the main source for community insight and analytical reporting into the business. You´ll be required to create regular and ad hoc community reports with regards to any products or services.
Engagement planning / coordination
- To have complete and thorough understanding of your target audience; culturally, socially & politically will be vital to create, implement and develop the community strategy that best suits the demands and desires of the community and therefore build and nurture an engaged and committed online community.
- Keeping yourself up to date in community management, social media & online gaming in order to identify community trends and incorporate them into the business will be imperative.
Marketing community strategy
- Understand the role of the community as the powerful marketing tool that it represents to the business, and figure out the best procedure to fit it into the whole marketing master plan. Being aware of the marketing online campaigns and projects planning and ensuring that community is part of them.
- You´ll need to create, maintain and develop relationships with other external and internal stakeholders to optimize the success of the community strategies. Strengthen links with different key contacts of your local territory marketing department such as product managers and PR will be crucial. Taking advantage of working with other languages’ community managers by collaborating and sharing projects experiences, will enrich your community strategy.
- Regularly monitor areas such as the forums, blog and bespoken websites, editing/removing posts that are in breach of the community rules, reclassifying incorrectly posted content and moderating user accounts and behaviour.
- Besides, the Community moderator is responsible of educating users on community rules and the acceptable use policy.
- Identify the community members who best understand and represent the brand’s values, and mentoring and supporting them in order to establish an active and united volunteers group. Volunteers will assist the Community Manager with his objective of educating and engaging the community together with hosting community activities.
Reporting & Consumer Insight
- Understanding the needs and wishes of our audience, is essential to the success of the brand.
- The creation of weekly, monthly and ad hoc reports detailing feedback from our community is key to this role. Community feedback comprises platforms and core services sentiment, issues, feature request, etc.
- Consumers’ feedback and analytic reports will be decisive to measure and report on the effectiveness of online campaigns.
- Attend to weekly meetings with other community managers in order to review, share, discuss and define lines of action for the Community team.
- To be a key point of contact for territory marketing teams and Community/Social Media staff.
- Support and collaborate with your territory in different local projects or community sites such as territory specific social networks.
- To build/maintain relationships with community managers across the industry and 3rd party companies.
- Carry out regular online events and activities for the community with the support of the volunteers across community online channels.
- To curate content for the inclusion across multiple channels including the websites, blog, forum & social media.
- Promote and raise the awareness of the Community Team within the business and the games industry.
- To escalate community issues (server crashes, log in problems ...) into the business.
- To escalate products bugs reported by the community such as game glitch or cheats into the business.
- Performance UAT for moderation tools to ensure the well operation of the software at its final stage.
- To report consumer insight regarding branded products and services into your language Community Team.
- Monitor service community admin mailboxes, replying users’ emails when possible or passing them onto the suitable team.
- You need to speak Arabic at a native fluency level and good English (both oral and written)
- You will have experience of online community management, be user focused, have a great understanding of consumer behaviour and how it can be influenced.
- You need to be an excellent communicator, in all forms. You will be expected to write outbound communications for your community, but also drive internal conversation around the product and needs of our audience.
- Excellent project management, planning and communication skills (verbal and written) required - able to prioritise, organise a varied and full workload and work under pressure.
- Extensive experience working within new media and use of social media channels.
- Knowledge of the gaming industry and brand heritage (you may be a gamer but have not worked in the industry before).
- Experience in dealing with other European territories.
- Good awareness of business priorities.
- Excellent motivation and relationship management skills - ability to get along with a variety of people and be a friendly, collaborative, yet assertive ambassador for the brand and for the Online Marketing team.
- Proactive attitude: able to spot opportunities or project-based issues ahead of time and propose appropriate solutions.
- Ability to work as part of a globally dispersed family, while at the same time delivering what is best for my client.
- Positive and fun to work with.
Useful Skills & Abilities
- Microsoft Suite.
- Lotus Notes.
- General IT knowledge.
- Previous experience working with CRM software technologies would be an advantage.
- To be familiarized with analytic software like Webtrends or QlikView.
- Experience of Lithium or other Bulletin Board/Forum products would be an advantage.
- Good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly.
- Additional European language or experience of working in a multi-lingual environment.
- An ability to work with a team and gain their respect.
- A high degree of professionalism.
- A dedicated and flexible approach.
- An interest in gaming and community.
Paige Hornabrook | QA, Localisation & Community Management Consultant
OPM Response Ltd | Ground Floor, Anderson House, 228 Old London Road, Marks Tey, Colchester, CO6 1HD | Direct Line: +44 (0) 1206 214417 | Email: email@example.com | Skype: Paige.Hornabrook.opm | LinkedIn: Click Here | Twitter: Click Here | QA & Localisation LinkedIn Group Click Here
Tel: +44 (0) 1206 214421
Fax: +44 (0) 1206 214429